Author Topic: How to attract people to my server?  (Read 5428 times)

there's like no way to attract people to your server anymore because all of the players are on the most popular servers.

Boulder dash was popular for one day and then they all went back to family rp

sorry to burst your bubble bud

How do you think servers become popular? They attract players. I can attract a full server with an hour. You must be doing something wrong.

Name it "gay furry orgy love rp"

How do you think servers become popular? They attract players. I can attract a full server with an hour. You must be doing something wrong.
or the playerbase must be doing something wrong

have you ever thought about that

bub

just because you get players doesn't mean that all of us do
damn spool-up

I usually end up getting TOO many people on my server, at one time I had at least 20 people on and 2/3 of them were all talking.

It was a living hell.

It's easier than you think: host a fun server.

It's also exponentially easier to start up a server in the dead of the night. People will join your server one at a time through chance, as long as there is entertainment for them your server will slowly move up the server list until it hits the #1 or #2 most popular server. At that point it explodes with popularity.
This.

It's easier than you think: invite your friends.
It's easier than you think: acquire slaves.
It's easier than you think: multiclient.
It's easier than you think: have a misleading server title.
for some reason this feels like a slogan that can be used for so many things

name it "free admin pls come"

My friends never join my server :(

Starting earlier in the day helps. Make something that values well in replay ability. Have friends; if you get about four friends to join, that will put your server that much higher on the list, people won't have to go digging for it.

Alternatively you could 'multi-client', but that's an starfish thing to do as well as CPU burning.

My friends never join my server :(
:c
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:15:35 PM by Deadzone »

Alternatively you could 'multi-client', but that's an starfish thing to do as well as CPU burning.
:c

I dont see whats wrong with multiclienting just to get past that godawful spool-up period. As long as you get rid if them when you have enough players to become self sufficient, instead of purposefully using it to stay at the top of the list.

Send false information to the master server, the rtb server and fake the player list for people who actually join! Then slowly replace the fake players with real ones. Afaik that could actually work

Send false information to the master server, the rtb server and fake the player list for people who actually join! Then slowly replace the fake players with real ones. Afaik that could actually work
This will get your key revoked, but I know people who've done it in intelligently and gotten away with it. Just don't do what I did, transmitting the server name, players, max players, bricks, and gamemode as "69."

Build a server worth joining, build content worth looking at. Post a gallery topic, host often.

Generally you should eventually be able to get a few people who like playing with you on a regular basis assuming you can do it right.

I had 10 or so regulars a long time ago, stopped hosting and building much and that went away.

Good luck dude.