Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 206982 times)

It should be around 60 seconds long. Maybe a bit less.

I'm pretty sure badspot will just end up making his own with Rotondo
A trailer can be great at that length and honestly, you're probably right. A shorter trailer would be better. But that doesn't mean longer ones aren't unusable, if it keeps the users attention then a longer one will be fine. If people can watch three hour movies without losing interest, then it certainly isn't impossible to make a 2 minute + trailer that doesn't lose its audience's interest.

But as for that second part there, I really doubt it. From what I've seen Rotondo is alright at video editing, but why on earth would they waste their time with a trailer instead of working on Blockland itself when they have much better video-makers on the job already for free?
It also seems like Badspot was kind of prodding the community to make one when he mentioned it in OP. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:32:40 PM by Mysteroo »

I just hope we don't become overly popular and get rushed in with a bunch of idiots :P

why not both a 2 minute trailer AND a 60 second trailer

why not both a 2 minute trailer AND a 60 second trailer
yay more awesomeness!

A trailer can be great at that length and honestly, you're probably right. A shorter trailer would be better. But that doesn't mean longer ones aren't unusable, if it keeps the users attention then a longer one will be fine. If people can watch three hour movies without losing interest, then it certainly isn't impossible to make a 2 minute + trailer that doesn't lose its audience's interest.

But as for that second part there, I really doubt it. From what I've seen Rotondo is alright at video editing, but why on earth would they waste their time with a trailer instead of working on Blockland itself when they have much better video-makers on the job already for free?
It also seems like Badspot was kind of prodding the community to make one when he mentioned it in OP. 
Trailer   ???   Required for steam release

I wouldn't say hes prodding anyone to make one.
I'm all for a trailer made by someone in this community. It's just most of the ones I've seen are stuff.

Eksi's is the only good one. IMO.
But it has interiors etc.

He's making a new one from what it seems.

If there is a trailer there should be a scene where a bunch of blocklanders gather for a shot.
~50 can be in it.
cn i b in et
(4braggingrights)

If there is a trailer there should be a scene where a bunch of blocklanders gather for a shot.
~50 can be in it.
cn i b in et
(4braggingrights)
take a picture from kalphiters giant-ass new year thing

you know what'd be a really cool idea

if everyone who wanted to and had the capability to make a good quality trailer (i.e. no lag, min. 720p, shaders) made like a short bit of trailer and then they were all spliced together.  so it'd be like a real community made trailer.

I'll take and work on a little bit of a trailer, just a little.
Then I'll put it here for you guys to check out.

I made a 5 second clip, someone just has to edit it to how they want it.
Want me to just put a download link here or what?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:20:42 AM by Alyx Vance »

Where's Eksi's trailer?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:21:58 AM by Bacon Pancakes »