0 (0%)
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
2 (5%)
State University of New York, Albany
1 (2.5%)
Santa Rosa Junior College
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: What college do you attend?  (Read 4144 times)

Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
and
I get paid to go to school

I go to SUNY Albany.
I don't see the point of a poll, no collage is going to have two people from the forums.

I go to SUNY Albany.
I don't see the point of a poll, no collage is going to have two people from the forums.
Would be pretty funny if someone was influenced by the poll and chose to go to college there just to be with a Blockhead. XD

Would be pretty funny if someone was influenced by the poll and chose to go to college there just to be with a Blockhead. XD
That would be a horrible decision...

Yeah.
Most of the forumers aren't collage age though.

A better poll would be:

Middle School
High School
College
Post College

That would be a horrible decision...
I know, right? But I wouldn't necessarily put it past some of the people here...

Do JCs count?
SRJC
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:08:57 PM by Electrk² »

Lol, you two.
you're assuming that everything is going to go perfectly for you because you read some articles
there's no guarantee that you're going to get scholarships, or that you'll be able to get a full-time job that lets you work that much and pays you decently, or even that your parents will want you to live with them for four years while you're in college
after college, how easy do you think it's gonna be to get a job in your field that will earn you enough money to buy a house with cash?

A decent house, even for one person would cost a lot :s

Houses are dumb and require too much maintenance. Apartments are where it's at!

buy a house with cash right out of college?

no job or degree combo on earth can do that lol

you're assuming that everything is going to go perfectly for you because you read some articles
there's no guarantee that you're going to get scholarships, or that you'll be able to get a full-time job that lets you work that much and pays you decently, or even that your parents will want you to live with them for four years while you're in college
after college, how easy do you think it's gonna be to get a job in your field that will earn you enough money to buy a house with cash?
I'm not assuming that. Also, it wasn't "some articles"; it was an entire school course and a book. Some points I'd like to make:
• It's pretty obvious I'll be able to get scholarship money; quite a bit, in fact. Reasons?
- Family doesn't have a high income.
- I'm in a minority group (bi-racial).
- Scored high on PSAT and ACT.
- Am on two FIRST teams.
- I do well in school.
• There will always be a full time job available for me. I didn't necessarily say a full time job I necessarily enjoy; for college years, it's not about enjoyability. Many people just don't know where to look for jobs, nor do they try very hard to get them (i.e. they are horrible at job interviews).
• My parents encourage me to live at home during my college years. My mom is super-frugal.
• I never specified how long I'd have to save up to buy a house, how expensive the house would be, or how much I planned to save per year for the house. If I have a modest income of $35,000 a year, and am able to live off or $15,000 - $20,000 per year (no family, of course), and I put that money into a somewhat lucrative investment, such as a short term mutual fund, then in just 5 years, I'll have $90,000 - $120,000 saved towards a house. I do that a few more years (might not even need to), and I can get a pretty decent house, cash.

I also plan to never own a credit card (leading cause of debt in America), and pay for everything in full. If I'm struggling with my budget at some point, I'll cut out something unnecessary; say, my monthly eating out fund.

buy a house with cash right out of college?

no job or degree combo on earth can do that lol
Never said right out of college; please read next time.

Houses are dumb and require too much maintenance. Apartments are where it's at!
apartments are unfulfilling
I also plan to never own a credit card (leading cause of debt in America)
everything you said is still not guaranteed. anything can happen
but I want to add that this is a handicapped plan

there is nothing wrong with debt.

the problems are because people take on way to much debt. and most of that was because those who gave out debt use to not even care about your income or other debt you already had, they just were happy to give it out.
laws dont let them anymore.