0 (0%)
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
2 (5%)
State University of New York, Albany
1 (2.5%)
Santa Rosa Junior College
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: What college do you attend?  (Read 4064 times)

but I want to add that this is a handicapped plan
there is nothing wrong with debt.
Oh gosh, I can't breathe. XD

Meet me in ten years time. Then tell this to my face, mkay?

I plan to become a plumber or an electrician, become a master, and start my own business.

why ten years?

say that 2 mi face irl not url see what hapens cigarette

its ok to keep adding debt as long as the cost is only a certain % of your income.

all americans during the last 50 years just kept piling it on more and more.
till it took 100% of their income to keep up with it. obviously getting into more debt just to live at that point.

but dont blame the need or use of having debt on all the handicaps who dont know how to money lol

poor people should not be owning homes. even with debt they cant afford it.
or 2 cars per household, or all the department store credt cards they feel the need to own.

the highest amount of debt i owed at 1 time in my life was over 400k
not sure what i have now. i just have some credit card i use all the time for internet shopping. its prob at only 2k or so.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:59:15 PM by Bisjac »

sure. when you can't afford emergency treatment for something, among other things, and you can't get a loan bc you don't have any credit, I'll happily tell you how big of a mistake you made

sure. when you can't afford emergency treatment for something, among other things, and you can't get a loan bc you don't have any credit, I'll happily tell you how big of a mistake you made

dont you get a better credit rating when you pay your debts on time? so you'd only be screwed if you're dumb forget

yeah you cant build credit by never having had any debt.
and if its a credit card, you cant build credit unless you use it.
financing a car or having a mortgage builds credit very well.

cell phones and rent leases are contracts that can supposedly help with credit.
but not enough, they are more likely to hurt credit by making even 1 late payment ever lol.

why ten years?
Because I'll be 4 to 5 years into saving for my house by then.
its ok to keep adding debt as long as the cost is only a certain % of your income.

all americans during the last 50 years just kept piling it on more and more.
till it took 100% of their income to keep up with it. obviously getting into more debt just to live at that point.

but dont blame the need or use of having debt on all the handicaps who dont know how to money lol

poor people should not be owning homes. even with debt they cant afford it.
or 2 cars per household, or all the department store credt cards they feel the need to own.

the highest amount of debt i owed at 1 time in my life was over 400k
not sure what i have now. i just have some credit card i use all the time for internet shopping. its prob at only 2k or so.
What you're saying may all be true, but I'd prefer to just not have debt at all. It certainly doesn't help me any, and why pay more money than I have to when I can simply be patient and save up for what I want?

Relevant to this discussion:

"The Forbes 400 is a list of the richest 400 people in America as rated by Forbes magazine. When surveyed, 75% of the Forbes 400 (rich people, not your broke brother-in-law with an opinion) said the best way to build wealth is to become and stay debt-free." - Dave Ramsey, in his Personal Finance course.

A couple of points:
- Emergency fund: I didn't mention this earlier, but I will always have one of these around. If something does to wrong, I have this to pay for it. Then, I simply refill it (without a loan) as soon as possible.
- I never plan to take out loans. However, if I did, I'd be OK; a common misconception with credit cards is that they are required for certain things. However (with the exception of buying things with money you don't own), debit cards can do everything a credit card can.

You should just live with your parents, you have a misunderstanding about the real world.

- I never plan to take out loans.
You will have to, no matter what you do.

You will have to, no matter what you do.
This is not true. It may be harder than if you do, but it is possible. Gosh people, just because you haven't heard of a way of living debt free doesn't mean it's impossible. Sheesh.

"The Forbes 400 is a list of the richest 400 people in America as rated by Forbes magazine. When surveyed, 75% of the Forbes 400 (rich people, not your broke brother-in-law with an opinion) said the best way to build wealth is to become and stay debt-free." - Dave Ramsey, in his Personal Finance course.

100% of them used loans.

of course they advice to not be in debt. thats the goal regardless of what your situation is.
but that dosnt mean they didnt take out loans.

and there is a huge difference between living well, and becoming super rich (which seems to be whats implied, and thats a ridiculous life goal lol)

I'm currently going to East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania for Computer Science. I plan on dual majoring in Computer Science and Computer Security. I'm going on a scholarship which has been pretty nice.

Bluetoothboy seems to have no understanding of the real world if he says having debt is the worst thing you can do. If you live a life with 0 debt you're gonna have a really stuffty life. Plus no debt means no credit which is also stuffty. I think he doesn't get you can live comfortable with debt if you manage it properly.

I go to the University of Maryland, College Park.

Blueboy is not very intelligent