Poll

What do you guys think, should I just upload the weapons I mentioned recently?

Yes
74 (61.2%)
No
4 (3.3%)
Just update the stuff!!
15 (12.4%)
*Flip Table*
8 (6.6%)
*Nuke from orbit*
11 (9.1%)
*Scream rabidly*
9 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: Vulpine Vitality: Midway Sentinel's Add-On Warehouse; Fallout Weapons!! :D  (Read 152557 times)

I played with the halo pack a bit today.
I liked it, though i would suggest the following:
- Use names-names.
While M14CS might be recognizable for others, in most cases people like to see names like: Battle Rifle, Rod Cannon and all that.
Mostly a personal preference, but shared with more people, i know for sure.
At least pick one 'type' of name for things like the brute shot and needler, shortens the name and looks better in the item menu. :)
Same goes for vehicles, maybe even especially for them.
- Brute shot shoots too far.
I am pretty sure the brute shot never was THAT powerful of a launcher.
I could be off, but i am pretty sure (with my Halo 2 online multiplayer experience :X) the thing wasn't that far reaching. :)
- Galilean (spartan laser) feels weak.
For example, i shot the warthog that comes with the pack and it needed 3 shots of it to kill it.
Even the default Jeep needs 2.
I know stuff has to be a bit balanced, but surely the galilean can be more powerful than that.
- Grenade not using ammo but instant consume
Only 1 grenade, instant consume?
I would love to see some ammo count and the such for that actually. :/
-Missing the Plasma nades. :C
I assume you left that one out due to the sticking to player thing not working?
How about you just mount an image to the player that emits the same as the grenade and let it explode after some time.
Though you cannot mount it in specific places, it should be close enough. :)
I would really love to see that.
- Missing weapons that you listed.
Type-25 DEP (Plasma Pistol)
Type-25 DER (Plasma Rifle)
Are not in there.
- Why is the SRS99 AM (Reach Sniper) not raycasting and using the bullets as tracer like the other sniper?
I think the raycast with tracer bullets works pretty well with these sniper rifles.
- Missing CI's.
Some weapons are missing an icon, not sure about the kill icon yet though, haven't tested that yet.

And of course the things you mentioned:
Needlers need homing, sorry, haven't really worked on the homing script.
Warthog Turret does weird (actually bugs out all turrets and vehicle weapons after you stop shooting with it)
I agree with scrapping the MA4C.

But yeah, pretty cool, good animations and they seem to work pretty well overall.
I would like to say that your attention to detail goes pretty far.
In case of the pelican, maybe a tiny bit too far.
The backburner things being animated is great, but the two medpacks in the back with these textures...
Not really needed and don't look too good anyway. :/
The vehicles could use some touching up (pelican is okay) in favor of their blocky feeling, but this update was not vehicle based i think?

And last, in general i am not a big fan of hands on models with guns blahblahblah, but i accept the fact that you chose for it.
I guess it is your style and you really use them well in the animations, so that's good. :)
I don't want to start a whole discussion about hands on models with guns, but i am just saying, it's fine, you use them well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:06:31 PM by lordician »

~mega snip~

holy stuff.... ok... I'll try to go thru this on my phone lol..

name names...won't work anyways, there are 3 assault rifles.. and i prefur them this way..

i noticed the Brute Shots range problem.. you're right that it does need range tuning.. and POSSIBLY lower power...

SL needs big power boost, and i will do so

maybe look into grenade, but cut me some slack here..! i thought i mentioned it was old and low quality...

i never even mentioned a plasma grenade, and it wont happen till later if anything.. and I'm a lousy scriptor, so don't expect miricals...

the missing DE weapons are a script error in the master server.cs i believe.. I'll try to fix this soon...

don't rush upgrades please... the only reason the one has raycasts is because it got the new script and others didn't. many don't even have the counter.

the CIs may be broke till i fix their folder paths.. same with UIs possibly. some don't even have either yet..

funny story.. there was a homing script, but it made the needles seek a target and never die, therefore making deadly shreadder drones of death lol... may have a fix soon..

i said the Warthog had issues. until GC can get me fixes, i can't do too much...

and btw, the Pelican's base is the real Halo CE model, but has my modifications.

and as always, yeah, hands are stayin lol

your input will be quite helpful, thanks :)

Couldn't you use something similar to the homing rocket launchers script to get the needles to home in? Or was that what you already had tried?

yeah, i think thats what i tried... and btw, if i put a word out of place in my posts, blame the autocucumber xP (aka, autocorrect) but i have a homing idea. we will see what happens..

A friend of mine, who doesnt play BL saw the logo.

He said it looks like a platypus.

Couldn't you use something similar to the homing rocket launchers script to get the needles to home in? Or was that what you already had tried?
yeah, i think thats what i tried...
That is the main reason why the things went on forever.
The homing missile script really extends the life duration of projectiles to infinity when following something because it keeps recreating the projectile, which basically resets it's lifetime.

Or create an actual delay before the projectiles shatter or disable themselves, that's usually the case with most weapons.

if anyone provides the means for this, i would happily add it to the next upcoming update.

Every time I simply see the topic urine flys everywhere

I love this

XD what?? cause people are pissing themselves..?

Oh god, the warthog breaks clicking after you use the turret.

did NO ONE read it?? i said it was broken for now!