2 (6.5%)
Meh
2 (6.5%)
They are good and funny sometimes
6 (19.4%)
They are useful for some servers
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: What is the point of ChatBots? (Poll added)  (Read 3203 times)

they're incredibly annoying

like they automate a bunch of basic human communicative processes but in doing so defeat the purpose, so like when someone joins the server and a chatbot responds they know a real person didn't actually respond, so not only was the point of the greeting completely defeated but its also actually kind of insulting

like this guy cares about you so little that instead of giving you the time of day and properly carrying out the gesture he'll automate the forgetin process and give you the same cookie cutter greeting he gives everyone

it'd actually be better if he just said nothing at all instead of trying to forgetin industrialize saying hello

It get's very lonely hosting a server.

Very lonely.

Very

lonely

My thoughts on chatbots:

GOOD chatbot provides useful information to players
player: @props
chatBot: return useful information

player: there was this annoying guy on my server but I can only remember his name
player: @whois spammingNoob
chatBot: Name: SpammingNoob BLID: 4562345
player banned SpammindNoob (4562345) Reason: Spamming

NEUTRAL chatbots only use is playing a game, borderline annoying, but still not completely useless
player: @hit
chatBot: player hit and got ace of clubs
chatBot: player has: K of spades | 5 of hearts

BAD chatbot gives useless input/info that doesn't serve any purpose or chatbot gives input that should only be seen by the user of it:
player: lol
chatbot: LOL THAT WAS FUNNY << No one loving cares

Chatbots are for fun and can do helpful commands.
Mine can
calculate numbers use the calculator app/exe
turn on rainbow player for me thats what we have binds for
do eval user the console you don't need everyone seeing the commands your entering, plus this can allow admins to basically hack your blockland since they now have access to your client's console
talk on it's own you can talk without stuffty scripts

^ all useless ^

user: chatBot, activate rainbow script << shouldn't be entered in chat
chatBot: rainbow script activated << shouldn't tell everyone what the user has done
player: stfu cigarette
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:34:44 PM by swollow »

Mine is actually an OS. It used to be a chatbot. Not anymore.

itt: kids wanking over their stuffty script that says "hey bitch" when people join

they're incredibly annoying

like they automate a bunch of basic human communicative processes but in doing so defeat the purpose, so like when someone joins the server and a chatbot responds they know a real person didn't actually respond, so not only was the point of the greeting completely defeated but its also actually kind of insulting

like this guy cares about you so little that instead of giving you the time of day and properly carrying out the gesture he'll automate the forgetin process and give you the same cookie cutter greeting he gives everyone

it'd actually be better if he just said nothing at all instead of trying to forgetin industrialize saying hello
I actually take the time to greet everyone who connects to my server if i see their connection message ;)

But yea chat bots are not allowed in my servers.

Chatbots are for fun and can do helpful commands.
Mine can calculate numbers, turn on rainbow player for me, do eval, talk on it's own, and more.

You couldn't even make a box.
Don't talk about your fake chatbot.

to be completely annoying and to flaunt it around thinking it makes you cool but it just makes you look like a huge friend

chatbots make me want to grab my laptop and throw it across the room
they just make me HNNNNNG

makes me wanna take my laptop and throw it at the loving wall

Chat bots are used because Blocklanders want to rub their coding skills in out faces.

Chatbots should be crap-oned.

Chatbots are made so the creators and sometimes even the users (who are not the creator) can wiggle their e-snake for all to see. The problem is that often the users of a chatbot cannot see the true size of their e-snake.

Often you'll find a bot that was clearly ctrl+h'd.

"[PlayerName]bot"

Or the infamous 'disconnect' glitch.

chatbots are often made by script-kiddie friends who think since they can make a chatbot they can do anything.