Hurricane Sandy~ 1 Year Anniversary. Share stories, experiences, etc.

Author Topic: Hurricane Sandy~ 1 Year Anniversary. Share stories, experiences, etc.  (Read 1335 times)

Hey all, incase you did not know, this week is pretty much the anniversary of Hurricane Sandy. (It hit different areas of the East Coast at different times, hence the whole week being the anniversary).

So yeah, share stories of Sandy, or your own experiences with natural disastery stuff/ bad storms, etc.

Sandy came to New York On the 29th. Lost power for about a week. Got it back on the saturday after the storm for about 2 hours, only to have the power companies turn it off again. I met guys from British Columbia, basically in my backyard one day after the storm. I had no school for the whole week of the storm. During Halloween, I was crouched in my Grandma's 3 foot high crawl space, clearing it out, after she had like 5 feet of water in her house. Also, after the event, my other Grandparents' and I went on their Carolina Skiff and explored the Bay area. It was bad. We threw our anchor to a beach, and there were 3 bay houses ripped off their foundation and plopped on the shore. Other roofs and stuff were visible everywhere. Loadsedamage everywhere, even to this day.
Pretty wild time, and the effects are still being felt everywhere here.

Damn, its been a year already?
Well, the storm luckily missed us but the little storms that did reach of shook and rocked our home.

My internet went out for one second.
So exciting.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:04:49 PM by Epicduke »

My internet went out for one second.
So exiting.
exciting*

i didnt feel a thing
thank you south florida

For Sandy, I watched the news.  Oh, also, it drew moisture from where I live and it didn't rain for like two weeks.

My power went out for like only 4 days, but school was closed for about 1.5 weeks. It was a great vacation.

Lets not forget about Sandy's twitter posts

Haha, I loved that.

my internet turned off for one day. it was a scary moment for me

-snip-
oh god lol

Time goes too fast, felt like just 2 months ago!

-snippitysnip-
Oh wow
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:29:28 PM by Bacon Pancakes »

When my power went out the nearest generator thing a few hundred yards away blew, and my room was green. It scared me and I died from a creeper while playing Minecraft.

And my uncle and aunt's house was nearly destroyed and their bunny drowned D:

funny, there was a storm in the netherlands today

coincidence? i think not

No electricity for 5 days, with school canceled.
I remember that I connected some batteries together to power my phone. It worked well.