Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 200524 times)

Does anyone know a place to get good samples? I can't live off old maf samples from before the turn of the century for much longer.

Hey guys, I just finished remixing Rise Tonight by Digitalchords and Gran Fran. Tell me what you think? And give it a like and stuff if you like it to help me out :)

https://soundcloud.com/mangobl/digitalchord-gran-fran-ft-isa-salles-rise-tonight-mango-remix-der-remix-contest

im gonna make sure to listen to all the stuff posted recently later tonight, but right now I'm curious if anyone here has been following the NAMM winter '15 announcements?
if so, what are your thoughts?
I like a lot of the stuff korg has announced. the ARP Odysseys look smexy as hell
moog steals the show by essentially redistributing an old synth that impossibly priced and is popular amongst pretentious douchebags. i don't like moog.

moog steals the show by essentially redistributing an old synth that impossibly priced and is popular amongst pretentious douchebags. i don't like moog.
some people save up for a sports car
other people save up for a moog

some people save up for a sports car
other people save up for a moog
you don't understand. the problem i have with synths (and guitars) is that the only thing people try to do nowadays is try to replicate the "vintage" sound. what if i don't want to sound like every other artist? i want sound for the modern age. if i wanted to be pretentious and make musique concrete then yeah i'd buy a moog modular, but i don't want to. people who try making innovative synths are always drowned out by these vintage replicas with no innovation whatsoever. i understand that there was innovation put into some of these instruments for their time, but we are in the 21st century now. musicians have to evolve more and more and keep on making things people have never heard before to get noticed, but almost any instrument company can just sit on old schematics from the 50s and sell like hotcakes.

you don't understand. the problem i have with synths (and guitars) is that the only thing people try to do nowadays is try to replicate the "vintage" sound. what if i don't want to sound like every other artist? i want sound for the modern age. if i wanted to be pretentious and make musique concrete then yeah i'd buy a moog modular, but i don't want to. people who try making innovative synths are always drowned out by these vintage replicas with no innovation whatsoever. i understand that there was innovation put into some of these instruments for their time, but we are in the 21st century now. musicians have to evolve more and more and keep on making things people have never heard before to get noticed, but almost any instrument company can just sit on old schematics from the 50s and sell like hotcakes.
my comment was just poking fun at how ludicrously expensive moogs are.

if you don't want to sound like every other artist then make a different synth patch. A lot of guitars and brown townog pianos sound the same but I've never thought two artists using the same instrument sounded similar as long as their compositions were unique.

That said, I've seen plenty of innovative synths that have gotten tons of press this year. I've seen more press about the new Roland JD-Xi and Xa than I have about the moog modular. Same goes for the new Teenage Engineering PO line and Korgs new stuff (although korg did a bunch of reboots this year too, but their new MS-20 desktop module has added features from their older version).

I think i'l just dump all of these here. I forgot to post them :P
Enjoy! ~Mostly just symphony stuff.
Exploration
Hades System
Terra
Carrack
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:08:38 PM by A.P.X. »

I love synthpop and old synthesizers to be honest. I think when done right they work beautifully and don't sound pretentious at all. For me they create a suspense and atmosphere.

Unless you're talking about --V A P O R W A V E--