The Survivor 2299

Author Topic: The Survivor 2299  (Read 14705 times)

I updated the main post - check it out

They aren't allowed to comment, so something is going on.

I still wouldn't get too hyped, but this seems to make more and more sense since IGN couldn't get a response from Bethesda because "they can't say".

Eh, I'm still hyped, I've been waiting for this and this one may just be real

Eh, I'm still hyped, I've been waiting for this and this one may just be real
Yeah, agree'd

I'm getting too impatient

wait a second are we still comparing it to previous fallout games??
Previous Fallout games were turn-based and gave you some measure of error if you forgeted up because there was no limit to the time you needed to take in combat. Fallout 3 and NV's FPS combat was incredibly clunky compared to other FPS.

90% of Fallout 3 made no sense and they reconnect 50% of the stuff from older Fallout games because Bethesda forgeted up.
Bethesda can eat stuff and die for all I care, they forgeted up New Vegas beyond measure.

-snip-
If you're saying that I'm buttmad that Bethesda only gave Obsidian 18 months to make New Vegas and that they pulled their bonuses when they lost a single metacritic point then yeah, I'm pretty forgetin' buttmad.

Bethesda sucks at story writing and optimizing their game. I crashed more on Fallout 3 than I did with the other Fallouts combined. New Vegas was buggy on release, but that was to be excepted with Obsidians short time frame.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/15/brian-fargo-on-inxiles-darkest-publisher-driven-days/
RPS: It's interesting that you went from something like Hunted: Demons Forge to this. That, to me, felt like an RPG that was all of the This needs to be on console, so we have to include elements from shooters and things like that obligatory pandering.

Fargo: The original pitch for that was to be a dungeon crawl. That was what that game wanted to be. Then it got slowly changed to become more of a shooter. But that's not my background, so.. To me, that was a typical failing, where you have the arguments about what a product should be and everything that goes with it. People dont know sometimes how little the developer can have input-wise into a product, even if it's theirs. The opening cinematics weren't done by us. The voice casting was not done by us. We didn't get to direct the voices in the game. There are all these things that go on that are just pulled away from the developer, that we had no control over.

Ultimately, the people that control the purse strings are going to control the direction of the product. But yeah, how it came out was very different than what my pitch was.

RPS: When that happened, was it basically devastating?

Fargo: Extremely so. Frustrating. Very frustrating. Because ultimately It's like when Obsidian took a hit on their Metacritic and didn't get their bonus. Mostly they got dinged because it was a buggy product. Obsidian, their reputation was taking a hit for shipping buggy products. They don't control QA. The publisher controls it. The publisher always controls QA. They decide when it's done. Theres no bug we can't fix. Theres no bug they can't fix. Somebody made a conscious decision because there was a list. I guarantee you the QA department had a list of bugs. They said, We don't care. We gotta ship it anyway. Why does the developer lose their bonus and get their reputation killed for that?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:08:03 PM by Harm94 »

fallout 3 was awful and anyone who thinks otherwise shall be subject to my musings!!!,!!

fallout 3 was awful and anyone who thinks otherwise shall be subject to my musings!!!,!!
anyone who criticizes a game is instantly trying to push his opinions on other people!!!1!

Pretty sure that anyone who thinks Fallout 3/NV was a good game isn't going to have their minds changed, and vice versa

Pretty sure that anyone who thinks Fallout 3/NV was a good game isn't going to have their minds changed, and vice versa
inb4thissomuch

Get ready for Skyrim with plasma & laser guns...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:12:19 PM by Harm94 »

The tumblr page took everything down and added something else