Ethernet Connection Issues

Author Topic: Ethernet Connection Issues  (Read 1315 times)

So I don't feel like finding some random tech support forum when I know some of you guys know what you;re doing.

My tower feels the need to drop it's Ethernet connection for a few seconds every hour or so, after it gets dropped it automatically comes back. I have already tried updating my drivers and changing out the cable for a new one. And while my tower drops connection, no other computer in my house drops.

Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:29:19 AM by Butler »

does that only happen with your ethernet? do you have a wireless card or something you can test as well?

Only with my ethernet, and while my tower drops connection, no other computer in my house does, forgot to mention that. Ill add that to the op.

i would blame the router before the port/cable

i would blame the router before the port/cable

this.

i know it sounds absurd but is there perhaps magnetic disruption wherever your router is? this was happening to me a while ago

I have some issues with my internet related things too: I can't connect to the damn settings page of my router. GC and IE just start to sit on their asses whenever i search with the default gateway on my address bar.

Etherent? What is this new brand you speak of?

i cannot count how many times i have tried to mistakenly fit a phone cable into my Ethernet port

Maybe your drivers keep crashing into your tower and possibly that's why the connection keeps getting dropped?
I think you should update your drivers to professional ones.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:45:24 AM by ßlöükfáce »

Maybe your drivers keep crashing into your tower and possibly that's why the connection keeps getting dropped?
I think you should update your drivers to professional ones.

I already tried updating my drivers.

I hatld this too, try taking a look at your network map and look for anything unusual

I already tried updating my drivers.
You misunderstood what I said. :v

You misunderstood what I said. :v

I assumed it wasn't sarcasm as I'm trying to be quite serious. This issue is severely annoying.