Author Topic: Heavy Rain - Holy loving stuff (spoilers)  (Read 991 times)

Thanks to relatives being awesome, I was given a copy of Heavy Rain for PS3. I felt the need to talk about it, and these forums + Wii U internet was the lazy option. So I opted for that.

I've played about 10 hours of the game, and so far, I have mixed feelings. The game is fantastic, but it's a Spec Ops: The Line kind of fantastic. I wouldn't call it fun. Actually, It's really shocking. In the 10 hours I've played, my son was killed, my other son was kidnapped, I cut off my pinky, was beaten the stuff out of with a crowbar, stabbed someone with a drill, killed an innocent man, and more. The best way I can describe Heavy Rain is a Saw movie. It's a man who does something he really doesn't want to do just to save his kid. If I was to complain, the walking around controls are kinda clunky. Anyway, I need to lie down. Playing this game gave me a headache. What do you think about this game? I haven't finished it yet, so no spoilers, please.
I've finished the game since writing this, and the ending I got is the most bullstuff ending I've seen. I'll be replaying this game to get a proper ending at some point in the future.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 07:35:29 PM by the hacker »

It has many many holes in the plot.

It has many many holes in the plot.
I've noticed that too, but they're ignorable. At least for me.

I've noticed that too, but they're ignorable. At least for me.
They're far from easy to ignore for anyone who cares for any part of the plot.

I liked this game, and I havent even played it. Ive watched 3 playthroughs so far.

This, beyond two souls, and the last of us have been my favorite lets plays to watch.

dude why did you kill the guy, if you dont pull the trigger you can still go on

You realize how silly Heavy Rain is when you play it with friends (I went over to my friends house way back when to watch him play, he really loved heavy rain, but when i was playing with him we were just snickering the whole way through)
It's one of those games that is pretty formulaic when you look back upon it and it's endings are shabby. You barely build enough relationship with Sean or Shawn or whatever to care, and that's the main goal of Ethan! Do you care about Shawnsean at all? It's still better than Indigo Prophecy jesus christ! Even David Cage said it himself somewhere that "you shouldn't play through the game twice "

press x to jason

Beyond: Two Souls aka "press x to Ellen page."