What keyboard should I get?

Author Topic: What keyboard should I get?  (Read 959 times)

I'm gonna get a new keyboard for christmas because my current one was probably crafted by the ancient computer titans and is getting pretty stuffty.

Things I'm looking for:
I'd prefer to spend under 120$
Letters that light up so I can see them at night
a numpad
no ghosting
idk what's different about mechanical keyboards but i probably want one
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:14:22 AM by Paradon »

Well I got a SteelSeries Apex Raw(?), it has white lights, and its $70, the one with colored lights is $100
Im liking it so far
also mechanical keyboards are really loud.

Well I got a SteelSeries Apex Raw(?), it has white lights, and its $70, the one with colored lights is $100
Im liking it so far
also mechanical keyboards are really loud.
What makes a mechanical keyboard special? As far as I know it's the standard for desktops.

EDIT: Ok so apparently mechanical keyboards are much clickier and give you more response when you click them
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:21:04 AM by Paradon »

can someone please tell me what other options there are for keyboards besides mechanical

What makes a mechanical keyboard special? As far as I know it's the standard for desktops.
they are far from the standard. the standard computer keyboard works from pieces of squishy, flimsy plastic. mechanical keyboards, which usually cost above 80 bucks, are made from a mechanical mechanism instead of just flimsy spring plastic. mechanical keyboards are way more durable, feel better, faster response time, the keys have sort of a weight to them which makes them feel better, and the sound the keyboard makes sounds really nice

they are far from the standard. the standard computer keyboard works from pieces of squishy, flimsy plastic. mechanical keyboards, which usually cost above 80 bucks, are made from a mechanical mechanism instead of just flimsy spring plastic. mechanical keyboards are way more durable, feel better, faster response time, the keys have sort of a weight to them which makes them feel better, and the sound the keyboard makes sounds really nice

I loving hate clickty clackity keyboards

I loving hate clickty clackity keyboards
Then there's Cherry MX Red mechanical which also has a small dB amount.

I had one of these
I have no idea where it went or how I even lost it in the first place
Amazon

what I like about it is the extra keys and you can put the numpad on the right or left
it also has 2 usb outlets on the back
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:33:38 PM by ßlöükfáce »

I'm gonna get a new keyboard for christmas because my current one was probably crafted by the ancient computer titans and is getting pretty stuffty.

Things I'm looking for:
I'd prefer to spend under 120$
Letters that light up so I can see them at night
a numpad
no ghosting
idk what's different about mechanical keyboards but i probably want one

I use a laptop and don't worry about lights because i know where my keys are
but.

The LATITUDE D610 has a great soft keyboard and very silent clicking. Also it has very well pushed in keys so they don't fall out and super fast response.
They don't hurt when you push them and are easy to remember where they are
because they are close together. The silent clicking almost made me fall asleep once.

I use a laptop and don't worry about lights because i know where my keys are
but.

The LATITUDE D610 has a great soft keyboard and very silent clicking. Also it has very well pushed in keys so they don't fall out and super fast response.
They don't hurt when you push them and are easy to remember where they are
because they are close together. The silent clicking almost made me fall asleep once.

You realize you are now talking about laptops, right?

I had one of these
this looks like a flimsy, cheap, plasticy keyboard designed for the average teenaged drooling gamer kid
it looks just...bad