Author Topic: Pictionary Gamemode  (Read 1056 times)

I am requesting a Pictionary-style game add-on  It could work like this: One player is the builder and the other players are guessers. The builder gets the name of an object to build, and builds it. The guessers must guess what it is. The first guesser to get it right becomes the Builder next round.

RTB prefs for changing the time of each round would be preferred, as it allows for customization. The user would make their own map for it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:03:28 AM by Mr Queeba »

been made before
hosted by big brother i think

forgot what it's called ugh

yes
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:35:35 PM by The Resonte! »

Wasn't there a server like this? It was pretty fun when it was up. I forgot who hosted it though, but I doubt they would release it. Arukemo/PurpleMetro, however, has a similar game that he's a bit more likely to release, but I think he lost the mod.

also make one post for all of your suggestions sheesh that's a lot

been made before
hosted by big brother i think

forgot what it's called ugh

Blocktionary, I believe. And, as Khain said, it was Munk's.

Munk's was more actually building something, 3D, in a box, and have people guess what it is in the chat.

BB's was drawing something.

I'm looking for a Add-on.

I'm looking for a Add-on.

You can't always get what you want on the S+R board, so never expect that you will - nor should you word your posts/replies in a way that portrays laziness/greediness/ingratitude/impatience because all of those characteristics will make people not want to help you.  Your comment "I'm looking for an Addon," in the context and way that it was used, is ungrateful for the information that people have already posted and is suggesting greediness that you would expect, after people have said "most likely not to release", that someone would just hand over their most-likely private mod that they want to keep private.  No one is going to make you an add-on if you continue to use the tone of voice you seem to use in all of your posts.  No one is going to make an add-on that has already been made ... twice, just because you posted in this forum.

Let me show you how you should be phrasing your posts:

I am requesting a Pictionary-style game add-on  It could work like this: One player is the builder and the other players are guessers. The builder gets the name of an object to build, and builds it. The guessers must guess what it is. The first guesser to get it right becomes the Builder next round.

RTB prefs for changing the time of each round would be preferred, as it allows for customization. The user would make their own map for it.

Limit personal pronouns - always - because no one gives a forget what you think, what you want, or what you are doing.  Utilize suggestions, not commands, when asking for something, "Could the add-on work like this, this, and this" versus "I want an addon that does this, this, and this."  The former is much more open for discussion for other, more possible options, whereas the latter has a strict voice that suggests no leeway in the final product of the add-on.

And dear god, use "an" before all nouns/noun descriptors starting with vowel sounds - that's like First Grade English class.

And RTB is an abbreviation, so capitalize it.  It isn't rtb.

We know what you want, you said it in the OP.  You don't have to repost that you want an add-on, we get it.  The people who posted above were telling you that there is no public Pictionary add-on in mainstream knowledge.  They told you who has made it/hosted with it in the past.  Be proactive - go contact those people.

You can't always get what you want on the S+R board, so never expect that you will - nor should you word your posts/replies in a way that portrays laziness/greediness/ingratitude/impatience because all of those characteristics will make people not want to help you.  Your comment "I'm looking for an Addon," in the context and way that it was used, is ungrateful for the information that people have already posted and is suggesting greediness that you would expect, after people have said "most likely not to release", that someone would just hand over their most-likely private mod that they want to keep private.  No one is going to make you an add-on if you continue to use the tone of voice you seem to use in all of your posts.  No one is going to make an add-on that has already been made ... twice, just because you posted in this forum.

Let me show you how you should be phrasing your posts:

Limit personal pronouns - always - because no one gives a forget what you think, what you want, or what you are doing.  Utilize suggestions, not commands, when asking for something, "Could the add-on work like this, this, and this" versus "I want an addon that does this, this, and this."  The former is much more open for discussion for other, more possible options, whereas the latter has a strict voice that suggests no leeway in the final product of the add-on.

And dear god, use "an" before all nouns/noun descriptors starting with vowel sounds - that's like First Grade English class.

And RTB is an abbreviation, so capitalize it.  It isn't rtb.

We know what you want, you said it in the OP.  You don't have to repost that you want an add-on, we get it.  The people who posted above were telling you that there is no public Pictionary add-on in mainstream knowledge.  They told you who has made it/hosted with it in the past.  Be proactive - go contact those people.
Is this more forum hatred?
I also changed the main post.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:06:24 AM by Mr Queeba »

Wasn't this on a server before?

Wasn't this on a server before?
Yeah. It was called blockitionary or something like that.

Marble man allready made a pictionary client its in the modification discussion

Marble man allready made a pictionary client its in the modification discussion
He means a server mod. Not a GUI mod.

People basically draw something based on a few words they had to pick, when they pick it, people who weren't able to draw it had to guess the word by saying it and then either clicking the wall, ceiling or floor.