What is the most important item in the event of a disaster?

Author Topic: What is the most important item in the event of a disaster?  (Read 10829 times)

To me, the most important thing is a spear. In the event of a disaster, people will be coming to your house for supplies. The easiest thing to do is to kill them and take THEIR supplies. A spear is a good melee weapon and ranged weapon. It takes no ammo and is easily fixed.

I asked some friends this question and a lot of them said something along the lines of a medical kit. Let me ask you, what would kill you quicker, an infection or someone with a spear? Someone with a spear would kill you in seconds. Does your medical kit kill people?

What do you consider to be the most important item in a disaster?

Spear spear spear spear spear

Two items:

1) A hatchet
2 [sort of needed, not really]) A satellite phone.

A spear is a good melee weapon and ranged weapon. It takes no ammo and is easily fixed.
wtf
what if you simply miss with it
then no spear and nothing else how is a spEAR ANY USEFUL SJIFW

OT:
i think i'd have to say that in the event of any disaster realistic or not, probably the best item to have on me?
superman.
definitely superman.

The bathroom during a tornado

so are we talking about disaster like a hurricane and in a few weeks someone is gonna get us or like its apocalypse end of the world?

Never light a fire after a hurricane, fumes may be lingering around.

why would you choose a spear? they're big and awkward and you only have one chance to hit your target, within like what? 30 yards or so? unless you're freaking zeus or something that ain't happening

a compact bow would be a much better idea. better accuracy, more chances, faster, not awkward, i mean come on.
carry a knife for when a guy is up in your grill also. you get better control and accuracy with a knife than with a knife on a stick.

That said, I would say a good camping/hunting knife. You know, the ones where the bottom screws out and there's like a needle and thread and random stuff.

wtf
what if you simply miss with it
then no spear and nothing else how is a spEAR ANY USEFUL SJIFW

OT:
i think i'd have to say that in the event of any disaster realistic or not, probably the best item to have on me?
superman.
definitely superman.

welp

you do realise that spears can be retrieved
you know
by walking over to them

and if theres a chance of losing it you could just not throw it and just melee with it

edit:

why would you choose a spear? they're big and awkward and you only have one chance to hit your target, within like what? 30 yards or so? unless you're freaking zeus or something that ain't happening

a compact bow would be a much better idea. better accuracy, more chances, faster, not awkward, i mean come on.
carry a knife for when a guy is up in your grill also. you get better control and accuracy with a knife than with a knife on a stick.

That said, I would say a good camping/hunting knife. You know, the ones where the bottom screws out and there's like a needle and thread and random stuff.

a bow and arrows are different items

you would either have to choose a bow or one arrow

besides a bow and arrow isnt very good at close range

To me, the most important thing is a spear. In the event of a disaster, people will be coming to your house for supplies.
First things first, delete browser history.
Also this is all based that everyone is trying to kill you because you want to kill people.

First things first, delete browser history.
Also this is all based that everyone is trying to kill you because you want to kill people.

many people these days arent equipped to survive disasters

what happens when they happen?

they come to our houses looking for free hand outs

and people get desperate, people kill when their backs are against a wall

welp

you do realise that spears can be retrieved
you know
by walking over to them

and if theres a chance of losing it you could just not throw it and just melee with it

edit:

a bow and arrows are different items

you would either have to choose a bow or one arrow

besides a bow and arrow isnt very good at close range

oh piss off if you have a bow you obviously have arrows they go together you can't get me by that technicality.
And also, if you're firing a spear at someone and you miss, guess what? You're suddenly disarmed and now the guy you just lobbed your pointy caveman stick at both has a spear and whatever weapon he already had, which i can tell you right now wouldn't be a second damn spear.

many people these days arent equipped to survive disasters

what happens when they happen?

they come to our houses looking for free hand outs

and people get desperate, people kill when their backs are against a wall
So you're saying that when people who are for whatever reason incapable of finding any equipment for surviving a disaster, go around looking for help, you just kill them.
I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of stuff to find, no need to hunt down everyone you see.
oh piss off if you have a bow you obviously have arrows they go together you can't get me by that technicality.
And also, if you're firing a spear at someone and you miss, guess what? You're suddenly disarmed and now the guy you just lobbed your pointy caveman stick at both has a spear and whatever weapon he already had, which i can tell you right now wouldn't be a second damn spear.
Not to mention this isn't some video game where long ranged weapons are innefective over a short distance, an arrow would forget up anybody 2 metres away, harder to miss too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:14:01 AM by Clone v.117 »