Author Topic: Chat bubbles.  (Read 603 times)

Some times the chat bar at the top left can get crowded and cluttered with so much text that you can't see what your buddies are typing.
This is a problem on most Rps and rp like games that if you don't have the distance talk add-on, you can't really communicate.

So why not a little bubble above someone's head?
Possible?

Possible?
Maybe not a bubble. But text above the person's head is possible.

Maybe not a bubble. But text above the person's head is possible.
Yea the text above someone's head is very easily possible, I've done this myself.
But I wouldn't see how a bubble above the player's head would be possible, unless it was a static shape containing the text.
Anyway, I'll try to find the text script I made awhile back and post it here if anyone wants it later.

What about the typing emote Add-On?

What about the typing emote Add-On?
Well that's an image itself, you would need an image for each sentence you type then.

Well that's an image itself, you would need an image for each sentence you type then.
No, no. I think he's on to something. Why not do an emote for the bubble and a shape name for the text? They both are 2D and turn to face the player (best way I can describe it).

No, no. I think he's on to something. Why not do an emote for the bubble and a shape name for the text? They both are 2D and turn to face the player (best way I can describe it).
Holy crap, after 4 (Yes, I searched.) topics and lots of support, we finally found someone who makes a system on how this could work! Yes, please!

Would you want this to disable the normal chat? It could make a beep or something if someone near you said something.
Really hope this gets made!

Yea the text above someone's head is very easily possible, I've done this myself.
But I wouldn't see how a bubble above the player's head would be possible, unless it was a static shape containing the text.
Anyway, I'll try to find the text script I made awhile back and post it here if anyone wants it later.
Please post it.

Please post it.
It might be awhile, it's in my old computer that's sitting in the corner of my room, when I get a chance I'll get it.