Author Topic: Endless Mining 2 (r1321) - omfg stop whining about dying  (Read 5813 times)

what happens to the hud when you reach pick level 10000?
I doubt anyone will even hit 1,000.
Simulated cost up to level 10,000; 10,000 being $616,936,347.

function simulateUpgradePick(%times,%write)
{
   %level = 1;
   %cost = 100;
   if(strStr(%times,".") != -1)
      return;
   if(!%times)
      %times = 1;

%file = new FileObject();
   %file.openForWrite("config/client/cost.txt");

for(%i=0;%i<%times;%i++)
   {
      echo("Lv" SPC %level TAB %cost);
      %file.writeLine("Lv" SPC %level TAB "" TAB %cost);
      %cost = math_Add(%cost,mCeil(%level*1+(getRandom(1,800)/7*(%level/5))));
      %level++;
   }

%file.close();
   %file.delete();
}

Ipquarx's math.cs is in use

it uses getrandom

it's not going to be 616936347 every time

it uses getrandom

it's not going to be 616936347 every time
$624,814,214
$621,030,643
$619,433,862
$614,581,827
$624,609,775
$619,528,010

It's going to be awfully high every time.

r1321 is out

https://bitbucket.org/TheBlackParrot/blockland-endless-mining/get/cdf7e07f3eb9.zip

• Game breaking on reset has been fixed.
  • Health in dirt and ores vary more or less depending on their base health
  • Progress bar will not display a value of 0 using 8 pixels anymore
  • Deaths aren't as punishing as they use to be.
  • Heatsuits were dropped from $40 each to $20 each.
  • Those with the GUI will no longer see center prints when mining blocks.
  • The HUD is no longer sent data regardless every 100ms, it will only update if you're looking at a different brick now. Delay dropped to 50ms because of it.
  • The brick you're looking at now glows if you have your light on.
  • A "feed" has been added to the HUD displaying what was previously mined.
  • The HUD is now visible on the first connection to a server.

On my server, nobody complains about dying, they just want me to turn off Render.

On my server, nobody complains about dying, they just want me to turn off Render.
I've never seen your server on the list? .-.

I've never seen your server on the list? .-.
I don't host the mining server as much, last started like, last Tuesday.

Do something where you can't donate while using characters other than numbers, it can have a negative effect.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:51:31 PM by Enigami »

Do something where you can't donate while using characters other than numbers, it can have a negative effect.
On my list to fix.

I'm awful with TCP objects if anyone wishes to help. I'm planning on making all saves across all servers be the same.

PHP is in use, but I'm not sure how I'd make sending the data secure. Anyone could send bogus values to their save data.
Maybe something dealing with sha1?

/confuse

EDIT: Reading through this topic makes me a bit uneasy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:52:16 AM by TheBlackParrot »

that topic should make you uneasy because of that

sha1 will not help you like i don't give a forget what anyone says it won't loving help you here

if it wasn't finals week i would take an hour and try to work this out
yeah there is literally no way to do this

you are trusting the client, not gonna work. a very cool idea, but you cannot get this to work on a totally open source platfor- no you can't do it at all. if someone can reverse engineer it, it will be screwed up
here's a bad idea that might work: every time someone levels up, have it post that: blid 16807 leveled up
that's it
LEVELUP 16807

the server handles everything else.
to prevent cheating, check if the person is leveling up too fast: if they level from level 60 to level 100 (1 level at a time, 40 times) in less than like 5 seconds or whatever is average (do statistics on your own time to figure this out) then totally ignore that servers reports.

when a user joins and leaves a server, have the server tell your webserver that. when a user joins two different servers at the same time, give them a notification about multiclienting or whatever, then if they stay there, ban them permanently as well from the synronization thing
actually that only works with levels, not money.

yeah this isn't happening, i don't believe it can be done, don't try

like i'm serious. usually i'm pretty optimistic about these things, but this is a logical problem that just doesn't work: the clients have too much control over what data is sent, and you've no good way to verify it's legitimacy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:13:32 PM by Lugnut »

yeah this isn't happening, i don't believe it can be done, don't try

like i'm serious. usually i'm pretty optimistic about these things, but this is a logical problem that just doesn't work: the clients have too much control over what data is sent, and you've no good way to verify it's legitimacy.
yeah thinking about it more; i'm probably not going through with it
it's that one complaint with gamemodes like these i know everyone has. your stats stay on one server. i wanted to try tackling that but yeaaah maybe not.

however, if you got it working you could become like super duper administrator stuff

like valves security thingy? vac?

basically,  you log enough info to determine
a: how fast they leveled
b: who they are (blid, name, ip, time spent on which server)
c: logging almost everything

then you have hosts or players report people who they think are cheating somehow (joined a game at level 10000? yeaaahhhh)

once you've confirmed they're cheating.... permanently ban them from all servers running your mod. Do it via script and not the "banblid" command because you don't want them banned from the server, you want them banned from playing the mod.

this should work because
a: only a few smart individuals will be able to cheat (coders/clever noncoders) so the group of cheaters is sparse already
b: permanently loving banning people like loving hell

ANOTHER THING: have the client mod ask your server "hey, I joined this server at [ip]. are they legit?"
basically, if the players tamper with the game, bypassing bans, join messages, data syncronization, then your server will be all "well stuff something is up with that" and say to the client "no, something isn't right."
the client can then make a really annoying gui with bright red colors: "SERVER CRACKED, UNOFFICIAL BUILD" or "SERVER NOT AUTHENTICATED" or even better "HOST MAY BE CHEATING, DATA SYNC DISABLED."

you have client mods, server mods, and the server. have them all keep track of monies, have the client and server report to your server. if something doesn't match up, ignore it... you can't solidly tell who is cheating in that scenario, and you don't want to ban a client because the server is loving with him somehow

yeah this would be really difficult, and there isn't a way to automate it. however, you can do a number of things to mitigate it, as well as extensive data logging, as well as manual human moderation would lead to a pretty okay experience.

however, if you got it working you could become like super duper administrator stuff

like valves security thingy? vac?

basically,  you log enough info to determine
a: how fast they leveled
b: who they are (blid, name, ip, time spent on which server)
c: logging almost everything

then you have hosts or players report people who they think are cheating somehow (joined a game at level 10000? yeaaahhhh)

once you've confirmed they're cheating.... permanently ban them from all servers running your mod. Do it via script and not the "banblid" command because you don't want them banned from the server, you want them banned from playing the mod.

this should work because
a: only a few smart individuals will be able to cheat (coders/clever noncoders) so the group of cheaters is sparse already
b: permanently loving banning people like loving hell

ANOTHER THING: have the client mod ask your server "hey, I joined this server at [ip]. are they legit?"
basically, if the players tamper with the game, bypassing bans, join messages, data syncronization, then your server will be all "well stuff something is up with that" and say to the client "no, something isn't right."
the client can then make a really annoying gui with bright red colors: "SERVER CRACKED, UNOFFICIAL BUILD" or "SERVER NOT AUTHENTICATED" or even better "HOST MAY BE CHEATING, DATA SYNC DISABLED."

you have client mods, server mods, and the server. have them all keep track of monies, have the client and server report to your server. if something doesn't match up, ignore it... you can't solidly tell who is cheating in that scenario, and you don't want to ban a client because the server is loving with him somehow

yeah this would be really difficult, and there isn't a way to automate it. however, you can do a number of things to mitigate it, as well as extensive data logging, as well as manual human moderation would lead to a pretty okay experience.
know the server rarely hits 6 players i don't think it's worth the effort

Is there a way to reset the amount of dirt I have(it's in the negative commas), because whenever I do something related to dirt, the game crashes.

Is there a way to reset the amount of dirt I have(it's in the negative commas), because whenever I do something related to dirt, the game crashes.
/reset
/reset yes

I know of the bug but I can't reproduce it. It's happening to cash as well so I'm assuming something's up with the math code.