Author Topic: 2013/12/01 - Blockland r1908  (Read 59048 times)

Sounds good, and that format for setFOV worked perfectly for me.
He's not saying the way you do it doesn't work. He's saying it's redundant.

He's not saying the way you do it doesn't work. He's saying it's redundant.
It's nice Torque isn't so strict with things.

It's nice Torque isn't so strict with things.

Nice in that idiots can continue being idiots. In reality it's not a good thing.

Nice in that idiots can continue being idiots. In reality it's not a good thing.
I'll take your word for it.

If you allow an idiot to be an idiot, does that not also make you one for not fixing them before they breed more idiots into our already idiotic world?

The brick's coverage is setup correctly; I think that's just due to the brick being handled as a zone, thus it references the zone's boundaries instead. It's very easy to fix though - the Boolean value on line 7 for the 8x CornerA brick (8cCA.blb) just needs to be set to "0". Hopefully, triangular face-culling (for nonzonal bricks) and zone culling will fixed in a future update though.
Really, we just need an actual brick property to allow certain bricks to be built inside of.

Really, we just need an actual brick property to allow certain bricks to be built inside of.

We have that - it's how water bricks work (and coffins and a few others). Adding a third layer to that just becomes even more of a hack.

it would be cool if there were a whole bunch of brick 'layers' and we can wrench a brick and then set what layer it is on via wrench menu

We have that - it's how water bricks work (and coffins and a few others). Adding a third layer to that just becomes even more of a hack.
Yeah, but then you end up with the wonkiness that, just for example, you can't build a nice looking lake with modter bricks. It's true that there's really no easy n good way to go about it though.

Or the GPU went bad.
Or he has a corrupt OS.
Or he is missing a driver.
Or his PC is too high tech and refused to be on anything but max.
It's not always age that forgets you over.
i play on an 8-year old computer with 1gb of ram, intel graphics, and a dual-core, pentium D 2.8GHz processor

(or a 5-year old laptop with a 2.1 ghz i5, 4gb ram, and still intel graphics)

its (both are) a dinosaur.

I play on a 6 year old laptop with a 8600m with 4 gigs of ram and a 2.5mhz procesor. It runs blockland without shaders and lowest texutures just fine.

i run on a half-year old acer laptop with 4 gigs of ram and a 1.65 ghz processor

runs bl with shaders and high everything.

it would be cool if there were a whole bunch of brick 'layers' and we can wrench a brick and then set what layer it is on via wrench menu

the only thing wrong with Torque:
vehicle physics

the only thing wrong with Torque:
vehicle physics
Thank you captain obvious.