2013/12/01 - Blockland r1908

Author Topic: 2013/12/01 - Blockland r1908  (Read 60928 times)

Would it affect other things too?
Not if you just set it to Blockland. There were some issues with it that added red lines on windows but surprisingly I don't get those.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:56:42 PM by Plexious »

Not if you just set it to Blockland. There were some issues with it that added red lines on windows but surprisingly I don't get those.
That only applies to certain anti-aliasing settings.  I think 16xQ CSAA is the best setting for Blockland to avoid this.

only if you set it to
Holy stuff. I have to try doing this to see if my graphics will allow it.

My game runs faster with 16x anti-aliasing and shaders set to minimum than with shaders off and anti-aliasing off.

Everything I know is a lie.

Wow, what graphics card do you have, since 2 450's on SLI only gets about 3 FPS on max shaders with BlockoSeattle, then again I don't know the exact settings I used at that time.

Wow, what graphics card do you have, since 2 450's on SLI only gets about 3 FPS on max shaders with BlockoSeattle, then again I don't know the exact settings I used at that time.
GTX 560 Ti @ 900 MHz
AMD Phenom II @ 3.4 GHz
24 GB RAM (16 GB Usable)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64x

Keep in mind I normally play in 720p windowed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:05:07 PM by Plexious »

That darn AA! Those GFX cards are meant to run high quality, so it makes sense that trying to force bad picture out of it might slow it down.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:37:04 PM by durdur »

Doesnt mean it's safe to leave blockland looking kinda bad. People are going to want good graphics, and they are not going to care if you give that excuse.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/thxpa0t661oakx3/wow%20graphics%20make%20a%20game%20popular%20lol%20COD%20NOSCOPE.png

My game runs faster with 16x anti-aliasing and shaders set to minimum than with shaders off and anti-aliasing off.
Minimum shaders are better performance and visual wise compared to none. However, some cards cannot support minimum.

Off topic of conversation, but it is development.

Is Blockland going to be like v22 when the Steam Doors are opened?  Or is it just going to be a minor improvement left how it is (r1908 or whatever)?

Off topic of conversation, but it is development.

Is Blockland going to be like v22 when the Steam Doors are opened?  Or is it just going to be a minor improvement left how it is (r1908 or whatever)?

theres no more whole numbers versions, so it will just be revisions

yes there are

Minimum shaders are better performance and visual wise compared to none. However, some cards cannot support minimum.
that sounds really dumb

"lets make a more optimized version of this game on a setting that only decent comp builds can use"
or
"lets not support more optimized and nicer looking graphics on this card so people buy more expensive ones!"
not saying that badspot nor computer manufacturing companies are bad
well ok intel graphics cards

is there a specific reason why some graphics cards can't support minimum?

explain v21

these revisions started at v20

that sounds really dumb

"lets make a more optimized version of this game on a setting that only decent comp builds can use"
or
"lets not support more optimized and nicer looking graphics on this card so people buy more expensive ones!"
not saying that badspot nor computer manufacturing companies are bad
well ok intel graphics cards

is there a specific reason why some graphics cards can't support minimum?
It's a problem with the outdated/updated graphics settings in Blockland's version of Torque.

Off Shader quality is how Torque renders things by default, it's the basic option for rendering the game and has been there since the game engine was created in 2003. Otherwise being old, unoptimized, and ugly.
Minimum, Low, Medium, High, Very High, and Maximum Shader qualities are newer and better coded for newer machines more than the older "Off" setting. Meaning they run faster and look better but require more than a toaster to run them.

then ive be proven wrong

sorry for misinforming you