Author Topic: Mech Warrior Online [Free]  (Read 2046 times)

http://mwomercs.com/ Apparently it's possible to run it on an Intel HD integrated graphics card for you laptop users.
"A tactical BattleMech simulation set in 3050 AD. As a pilot known as a "MechWarrior", you are about to take control of the most powerful mechanical battle units the universe has ever seen."

"What is a BattleMech?

A BattleMech is a heavily armored combat platform which utilizes an internal structure similar to a skeleton, along with actuators (joints), and myomers (muscles). When combined, the BattleMech takes the form of a giant, rough, bipedal humanoid. BattleMechs typically weigh between 20 and 100 tons and fall into one of four weight classes: light, medium, heavy and assault.

BattleMechs have various weapon systems that include energy (lasers/flamers/particle projectiles), ballistic (autocannons, machine guns, Gauss), missile (long range missiles, short range missiles, streak short range missiles) and a variety of electronic monitoring/targeting systems. In conjuction with all of this, a BattleMech utilizes a series of heat sinks to help dissipate the large amounts of heat all of these weapons and electronics generate.

A BattleMech is an enclosed environment with the ability to operate in all types of atmospheres including under water and zero-gravity.

The interface between a pilot (MechWarrior) and a BattleMech is the neurohelmet, which connects the pilot to the BattleMech in a highly agile and direct drive approach.

A true MechWarrior knows the operational limits of the BattleMechs they pilot, which cover a myriad of areas such as heat, mass, and critical space. These areas are always on the mind of a MechWarrior, especially how the systems are performing under the stress of combat."

"How does gameplay work?

MechWarrior Online puts MechWarriors into team-based and tactical battlefield where the victors swim in the spoils of war and are rewarded with the almighty C-Bill (in-game currency).

Each team has up to 12 players and the two teams are pitted in combat in an enclosed battlefield. Communication is key, be it in-game chat, integrated C3, or a third party VOIP solution, keeping in constant communication with your teammates will drastically increase your team’s chances of success.

The various weight classes of BattleMechs help create their own evolving roles on the battlefield. Fast moving scouts can feed target and tactical information back to the main battle group and the team commander. This information allows the support and assault role pilots to decide where to put their resources to work. Long-range fire support and heavy hitting assault class Mechs will use this invaluable information to finish the job at hand. It is up to you, the pilot, to customize your BattleMech’s loadout and electronic systems to fulfill the role you want to take."

Blockland Player List:
Blockland username/MWO username

J_MASTER/SUBWAYJAROD
WOLFPACK2/Sabrent
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:59:44 AM by J MASTER »

i have one question, is this pay 2 win or is the "premium" content done properly (if there is any)

The stuff that costs money is mainly cosmetic.

this game looks fantastic, i think i'll give it a try my MWO name is: Sabrent

I play this game sometimes. Used to be just about every day, but I got tired of the constant grinding. :/
I'll most likely get back into MWO once community warfare comes out. The core gameplay is amazing, it just needs a good mission system and stuff to go along with it.
Also your pictures are outdated.

i have one question, is this pay 2 win or is the "premium" content done properly (if there is any)

It's more "pay for convenience", along with most cosmetic items costing irl money. The "hero mechs" seem like P2W at first glance, but they are not better than F2P mechs, just different.

I'll most likely get back into MWO once community warfare comes out.

so...never?

so...never?

PGI may be terrible with deadlines, but that doesn't mean they will never release community warfare. The game will probably die if they don't add it. They have every reason to release it.
Given their snail pace development, I'm guessing it will be fully released around winter 2014 or early 2015. :I

You can purchase a few things.
Premium time: You get 50% more money from matches so, less grinding.
Paint Schemes: Not worth it.
Hero/Champion Mechs: Special mechs that you really can't P2W because you need skill to use them.
Artillery/Airstrikes: These are available for in-game money relatively cheap, but there are upgrades of them available for pay.

Not too bad imho.

It's good to see that old FASA Corp. games are still alive and well. I hope Crimson Skies 3 will come along soon.

bitchin' sound effects

If you're looking to join a clan, check out http://www.1stfsac.enjin.com/. They're alot of fun.

I kept seeing this, really interested. Installing now. :>

This game is a lot like Armored Core if you know what that is.

This game is a lot like Armored Core if you know what that is.

MechWarrior came first, just sayin'

And it doesn't really seem like Armored Core. MechWarrior is a lot more of a mech simulator where the battlemechs are likened to walking tanks. It's a lot slower than Armored Core, the only similarity I can think of is probably the control scheme.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:27:45 PM by ChexGuy331 »