Author Topic: [FORUM] Bright red annoying "DID YOU READ FAQ?" in help  (Read 912 times)

additionally, upon clicking post the user should be presented with a javascript confirm(); box asking them if they
1: READ THE FAQ
2: Remembered to attach their console.log (if applicable)
clicking no would redirect to the faq IN A NEW TAB

90% of all help topics could be made significantly more efficient if people included their console.log in the op, instead of having to do that bullstuff back and forth where someone tells them to post it. i feel like i'm post whoring just by asking for information.

additionally, make this one bold too:

furthermore, if badspot is going to leave the majority of the technical support to the community (which he has) he owes it to us to make our job the slightest bit easier. it's just courtesy.

these naturally require modifications to the underlying php code - but they aren't hard modifications by far. a simple hardcoded IF statement for help forum related things will fix this right up.

Yes please.
Also, when it asks them if they remembered to attach their console.log (if applicable), it should also give them the link to your tutorial on how to post it.

my tutorial is actually outdated as of steam release.
also:
This is a bumpable topic.
 Hell, I'd like it if it was stickied but that'll never happen.
interestingly it never was stickied but now it is forever immortalized.

this should be in the addon topic too