What would you like to see next?

Rich guy Cottage
7 (70%)
ACM Castle on a hill
0 (0%)
nothin' cause i be hatin'
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Facechild's house V.2  (Read 2939 times)

Hey guys,
Yesterday I was loading all the default saves. thats when I got an idea.
The idea was of remaking the default saves into something better, like this Facechild's House.
I added terrain and some trees hope you like it!
Heres the save: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5g1t2plcuywnzxc/Facechild%27s+House+V.2.bls

Pics: (How do I scale em?)

Front

The terrain

Bird view

Garden

Feel free to rate x/10 and suggest another build :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:12:09 AM by DaymGurl »

Starting off; I do admire that you took to time to modify something that you didn't feel happy about, especially one of the default saves, looking at it however it seems you only really added an exterior. The trees look like they have just been duplicated which is sad because they aren't badly built, and if you took the time to build other ones like it; I think the result would be very pleasing. I really dislike that you have used the default cubes to make the land, I think you could benefit a lot from the Modular Terrain pack. (I'll put the link down
below.) To finish on a positive note though; I do like the stone pathway that you added from the front door to the stairs, you should really add one to the garden.

I can't rate this build since you have not posted permission to, if you do then I'll add a rating here.
Overall I give it a 6.5/10

The link to the Modular Terrain pack which I think would help you: http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=4900
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:14:06 AM by Juicy Drop Pop »

-snip-
Thanks for all the tips, just got an eye opner x3 I'll work on the diff things and you may also rate

Thanks for all the tips, just got an eye opner x3 I'll work on the diff things and you may also rate
Great! Please do take my advice though on the terrain, that was my main issue. Good luck and please post pictures when you update it.

Looks nice. I like how you kept with the simple theme of the castle too. The trees also look nice. Trees are very difficult to build from multiple blocks.

Code: [Select]
[img width=800]Link[/img]

It's a shame I despise my own default save. I like everything about this build except the house.  :cookieMonster:

Why do you despise it?

Because it is too simple, it doesn't show off what I can actually build and it was literally the first thing i built in Blockland when Beta came out.

awesome 9.5/10

only because you didnt build the house .-.

Because it is too simple, it doesn't show off what I can actually build and it was literally the first thing i built in Blockland when Beta came out.
I thought it was your best work.  :cookieMonster:

I really dislike that you have used the default cubes to make the land, I think you could benefit a lot from the Modular Terrain pack. (I'll put the link down
below.)
I personally think that the modular terrain pack is ugly.
also the terrain pack is default.

i'm really enjoying the trees.

I thought it was your best work.  :cookieMonster:
should that be a compliment or a insult