Cutscene Control [UI reworking, pg5]

Author Topic: Cutscene Control [UI reworking, pg5]  (Read 5536 times)

PROGRESS UPDATE JANUARY 19:
•Finished up the PathCamera event type
•Misc. tweaks
•New "Control" event type to handle clients' control objects

PROGRESS UPDATE JANUARY 20:
•Made changes to director mode UI
•Misc. tweaks

it was necessary to make the director ui on the bar because of issues with event dots now being buttons to modify the events. chat hud elements are moved down and up by the correct number of units
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:00:49 PM by otto-san »

make it so all camera bricks have to start with the name Camera_
Add to GUI a dropdown menu that lists all the cameras which when a camera is selected sets your camera position to in there so you can view around in that camera brick for all the possible shots you could make with it.

Uh.. why should cameras be bricks?

Not all cameras are bricks, but for the cameras that are bricks (by named events) I would like that to apply.

Wow, I like that GUI.
Looking forward to having a play with this!

Sorry I haven't done much work in awhile. Got some stuff going on right now, but I still am going to finish this.

Wow, I like that GUI.
Looking forward to having a play with this!
I'm relieved to hear it.

They shouldn't be in most cases. I'll still have the option available, but I imagine most people would probably prefer to use them for decoration.

make it so all camera bricks have to start with the name Camera_
Add to GUI a dropdown menu that lists all the cameras which when a camera is selected sets your camera position to in there so you can view around in that camera brick for all the possible shots you could make with it.
Not all cameras are bricks, but for the cameras that are bricks (by named events) I would like that to apply.
This is not an eventing system. There will be events available for triggering cutscenes and possibly a way to trigger events inside the cutscene, but events are not going to be heavily used if I can help it. I find eventing fairly cumbersome, and I don't think relying on them would work well for the type of system this is.

PROGRESS UPDATE JANUARY 28:
•Improved the way event types are handled by introducing a more organised registration system for them.
->Clients can now receive unique event types from the server
->Server now has exclusive control over event types
•Fixed up some stuff with Director Mode
->Fixed several HUD elements not moving properly to account for the director banner
•Improved client/server communication
•PathCamera event fixes

PROGRESS UPDATE JANUARY 29:
•PathCamera event fixes
•Director Mode event handling improvements
•pretty particle effects!!!

PROGRESS UPDATE JANUARY 30:
•Misc. Organisational Changes
•Fixes for multiple server or ingame sessions during one simulation (i.e. person hosts server, closes it, hosts another; client leaves server and joins another one)
•Movement toward some less tedious timeline control
•Created CutsceneScript
•Began tracking versions
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:50:52 PM by otto-san »

PROGRESS UPDATE JANUARY 31:
•Began a heavy overhaul of CutsceneScript, allowing for more expansion and flexibility in the future.
->These changes will allow not only simple scripts with single cutscenes, containing information on events and their parameters, but also allow more complicated data to be stored, such as outfits for actors, as long as the relevant extension to do so exists.
->Makes it much easier to have compatibility between CutsceneScript versions
->Cleans up the entire system a bit
-*Special care will be taken to make sure no default extensions can be used for malicious intent

PROGRESS UPDATE FEBRUARY 1:
•Worked on CutsceneScript
->Finished up some of the basic systems of saving CutsceneScript
->Made event saving more versatile
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:43:07 PM by otto-san »

If you need any cute little soundeffects for when your editing stuff, I'm the guy.

I'll bump this because Im really looking forward to the mod.  Another progress update or any news would be great!

I'll bump this because Im really looking forward to the mod.  Another progress update or any news would be great!
Sorry I haven't been working lately, I've been upgrading my computer a bit and getting my software set back up. Should have some neat things in the future.

Sorry I haven't been working lately, I've been upgrading my computer a bit and getting my software set back up. Should have some neat things in the future.
I'm loving the sound of that

UPDATE FEBRUARY 11:
•Worked on CutsceneScript a bit

UPDATE FEBRUARY 11:
•Worked on CutsceneScript a bit
you are just releasing too many details.

you are just releasing too many details.
i know it's amazing i just want everyone to know exactly what i'm doing at all times

i know it's amazing i just want everyone to know exactly what i'm doing at all times
(im being sarcastic)