What is your most feared enemy in gaming?

Author Topic: What is your most feared enemy in gaming?  (Read 6283 times)

Pro snipers in TF2.
If you get stuck against someone who is really good at sniper against you, you are pretty much screwed no matter what.

see specifically i really didnt like the ar2 because it allowed you to actually exchange shots instead instantly kill targets who rely on single blows

like theres a sort of rock paper scissors to ranged combat and it all revolves around skill; if the enemy is using some weapon that relies on many shots to do damage, you shoot them once with a powerful one-shot weapon to kill them before they can fire enough shots to hurt you. if the enemy is using a weapon that fires one shot but with a cycle time that leaves them vulnerable, use an automatic weapon to hit them while they're reloading and defend yourself or make yourself hard-to-be-hit while the enemy is firing their shot, dampening the damage

in essence just use the type of weapon they aren't using

like you can hassle zombies no problem with smgs pistols and the rifle because they're slow and they rely on hitting you once while you're not paying attention. so what you do is dodge them, then while you know where they are (and have not leaped) lay into them with an assault rifle instead of wasting shotgun ammo on them and possibly missing
Well yeah

Another thing about them is that in various levels you can hear their radio and that they're moving in but you never know where they actually are unless you turn straight into them.

THIS
loving
starfish
ohgodno
that thing took me
loving
years
until I finally beat it

WW Redeads, had trouble completing the earth temple because of these forgets
Wolfos
Poes
Gyorgs, always thought those forgeters would eat me
Horseless Headless Horsemann

centuars are not hard to kill, just spoopy.

wait but like no combine was ever a threat at all ever

you just go HA HA I WILL SHOTGUN THIS MAN IN THE FACE and you shotgun them in the face and the threat is instantly solved

like even en masse you just shotgun them and then skedaddle the forget outta there when you need to reload (if you need to reload at all) and then waddle back into the fray
As someone who has played Half-Life 2 on the hardest setting very recently, i can say that even with a shotgun, multiple combine and especially the ones with red eyes will take you to a stuff tasting contest before you have enough time to reject their offer.

also loving fast headcrabs man

My most feared in Super Mario 3D World. I swear, I can't kill these things without getting hit or dying.
EDIT:Specific game.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:32:28 PM by Hansome dude »

As someone who has played Half-Life 2 on the hardest setting very recently, i can say that even with a shotgun, multiple combine and especially the ones with red eyes will take you to a stuff tasting contest before you have enough time to reject their offer.
The marines in the first one were harder lol.

Pro snipers in TF2.
If you get stuck against someone who is really good at sniper against you, you are pretty much screwed no matter what.

having terrible ping is even scarier, especially when you run into a loving squad of spies.