[PACK] Quake-Type Weapons (and some other stuff)

Author Topic: [PACK] Quake-Type Weapons (and some other stuff)  (Read 39980 times)

here i come, king of guns! do you have enough shoot?!

important: these weapons are designed to be used with Energy Shields and the Valve-Speed Player, which are not included in the pack (i'll make a post later)
you can download them here, though.
Energy Shields
Valve-Speed Player

(i suggest using the 50-hp shield for most purposes, because that's all you really need)

Quake-Type weapons are arcadey, lightning-fast guns designed not around tactics but around being the gun-shootinest run-throughinest entities on the planet. where other normal weapon packs have been edging toward being 'cerebral' and 'realistic' (and not even consistently getting that right), Quake-Type Weapons don't have an ammo system and are all useful in a variety of situations, instead of being deliberately funneled into specific roles. as such, you can basically grab any group of guns and go to town- no tiers, no forethought, just endless chaos and over-the-top violence with a bizzare super robot style aesthetic

which is weird! didn't i make tier+tactical? does this count as a backslide?

features
27 individual and unique weapons. TWENTY SEVEN. TWENTY AND THEN SEVEN TWENTY SEVEN GUNS
hitscan tracer system by Aloshi (which is, as we say in the business, rad as stuff)
no broken rtb prefs to break somehow!
fire! things that set you on fire! burning to death because of fire!
agonizing horrible fire-deaths!
plug-and-play setup system! (which is to say, no system at all! how is this a feature?)
full weapon animations!
respectable missile launchers!
respectable sniper rifles!
respectable grenade launchers?
needlessly pretty explosions!
double magnums!
tomahawks!!
rocket punches!!

missILE STOOOORMS!!

how to use this pack
this pack is split into two functional 'tiers', but less because tacticality and more because some weapons are explicitly designed as backup weapons and some are designed to be ridiculous massacre machines. the weapons designed as backup weapons (and thus people should either start with, or never drop) are the shotgun, twin bayonets, twin smgs, nailgun and machine gun. talkin' relatively, they're about as strong as any given tier+tactical style tier 2 weapon, but this is quake-type we're talkin about here! there's hissats powers gettin all over the place! the bar has been raised like a mile into the air!

i usually use the 50-HP shield along with the valve-like player, like i said before. the quake-type weapons are actually really overpowered against unshielded, normal (normal health, at least) players, so i suggest against playing without shields unless you are deliberately attempting to make an instagib server

cut to the chase!
Download Quake-Type Weapon Pack
(requires Emote_Critical)

Energy Shields
Valve-Speed Player

credits to:
Aloshi, Tingalz, and Mr. Nobody for the tracer code, item icons and CIs respectively
Rkynick for the shield code, made from scratch and everything
anyone not individually specified
my server regulars (for being consistently present to be shot a bunch of times)
christmas, for giving me a convenient time to release this at in the first place

basically, jesus caused this pack to happen. literally thank jesus for this post.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:08:26 PM by Bushido »

alright both of you for forgets sake

i need to reserve the first post for expansions come on even

alright both of you for forgets sake

i need to reserve the first post for expansions come on even

you're SO SLOW
get real

i have to wait a whole 20 forgetin seconds after posting

the forum literally did not allow me to post fast enough

I'm glad they are finally out.
What a gift!

Finally! I loved the ghost server you hosted.

Something truly unique for the holidays, yipee!

This is gonna be a very merry weapon pack for my server!