Author Topic: [PACK] Quake-Type Weapons (and some other stuff)  (Read 40026 times)

Does the Spiral Missile not have any form of splash damage?
If you're talking about radius damage I don't think it does (if it does there's only a little) but the ability to shoot it through bricks Annoying Oranges all.

what the actual forget is this doing on the fifth page

why the forget won't the downloads page load

seems to work fine from my end

Problem: Since RTB is dead, I can't download Emote_Critical from there. If there is one, can anyone provide an alternate mirror?

Problem: Since RTB is dead, I can't download Emote_Critical from there. If there is one, can anyone provide an alternate mirror?

http://rtb-archive.host22.com/

i found a glitch, if you're using the 400 hp sheild, the it switches to 50 in a minigame, it stays at 400hp until you're damaged down to 50

This doesn't count as a backslide against T+T, more like a backflip.
Which you landed.
Like,
A super-double-mega-triple-flip.
So that's pretty good.

we need to bring this back

the better question is why didn't this ever start

like i havent met anyone who overtly dislikes them so how come they're not nearly as popular as tier+tactical

Tier Tac has more to it's name, has been around longer, has seen more updates, and fits in the popular modern style fairly well.  Quake, on the other hand, is futuristic and mildly whacky in some of its weapons.  It creates a genre that isn't used all that often.

i expected people to build maps around weapon packs instead of vice versa

like i thought people would see quake weapons and go 'man, these guns are rad as stuff, i should make a map for them' instead of making a deathmatch and then forgetin throwing whatever gun pack they feel like on top

which actually explains why nobody uses tier+tactical right. approximately none of the maps they're used on are designed for their use

Pretty much sums it up.

which actually explains why nobody uses tier+tactical right. approximately none of the maps they're used on are designed for their use
can you tell us how to design the level?

quake type weapons focus on mobility and dodging instead of mobility and cover (which was tier+tactical's schtick)

the best way to go about things is to make sure your walkways are wide, there are many alternate paths and routes, and transfer between these routes is a function of either rocket jumping or falling down onto the target route

never make a route transfer or passage too small for players to dodge a weapon. at the very smallest, make sure that the passage is 24x24, which is roughly the size of a warhead launcher explosion (which means that a warhead launcher would be undodgeable in this passage, but that's an acknowledged risk of taking the passage; compare to the passage rendering any explosive undodgeable, which means that going into the passage would be stupid dangerous one half of the time instead of one twenty-seventh)

in addition make sure these routes end in 'basins'. these are open areas that often connect to many routes and are large open battlegrounds that typically end up being the centers of activity in most maps

note that most map activity will take place on route intersections and basins. make sure there's enough room for many people at both locations