Author Topic: Corner Jumping/Humping  (Read 1468 times)

This was discussed in the Blockland r1908 thread a while back, I would like to revive this discussion.

For those wondering, this is what I'm talking about.

It causes players to easily exploit any sort of map, and has become a problem on several of my servers.

Why don't I just have some sort of block on the top to prevent them from doing this?

It's a real pain to have to make sure your map is exploit proof, I could be working on improving the map rather than fixing stupid exploits like this.

It's a good use for challenges!

I agree, it adds a challenge to those games, but there are games where doing this gives an unfair advantage to some players.

/discuss

It's one brick. Does it really take that much work?

You should anywhoore put a ceiling on the build seeing people can always make human ladders and idk if you would have weps.. there are also ramp glitching.

I thought that you can do the back wall glitch only from 1x5 bricks

PS: When are you going host again blake1?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:42:17 PM by mario0126 »

that's not what anyone who would be interested in this idea wants to hear.

I personally think it would be extremely beneficial for a lot of servers if there was a mod made that fixed corner jumping, ramp jumping, and other common glitches like that humping thing

do you only have one corner in your map? i'm sorry i have to draw it out for you, but bricks are square. When you're creating cliffs, you're most likely going to have LOTS of corners. we don't have smoothed terrain anymore so we're stuck with these exploitable sharp edges. this should be fixed.
You should anywhoore put a ceiling on the build seeing people can always make human ladders and idk if you would have weps.. there are also ramp glitching.
stupid if you plan to have air vehicles. human ladders aren't a problem if you have weps, and they take time to set up. it's also annoying when you have invisible walls and people are just corner-hanging on them.

Seems to me that the best way to do this would be to have the mod somehow combine the bricks' collision boxes (up/down only to avoid concave collision issues). I don't know if that's possible outside of engine work, though.

It's sometimes hard finding these exploitable areas and there's always multiple corners in a map, so it's not one brick.

PS: When are you going host again blake1?
Hosting on Friday night, you can always check the General Discussion thread out for more info.

I agree, this should really be fixed. It's annoying trying to avoid bugs in this cruddy engine, I hope baddy fixes it all up.

stupid if you plan to have air vehicles. human ladders aren't a problem if you have weps, and they take time to set up. it's also annoying when you have invisible walls and people are just corner-hanging on them.

Wth are you talking about. You just generalized my whole message. It only concerned builds where it may be useful. If he's making a challenge he may need invisi walls or whatnot.. make a godang ceiling. If you're making an interior TDM like Bushi's. Make a ceiling or you will be shot out of the map.

He wants his map to be exploit proof. Why not make it.