Author Topic: Theater Gamemode  (Read 1211 times)

Remember the Cinema/Theater gamemode from Garry's Mod?
Me neither!
Anyways, I'd love to see a Theater plugin in Blockland. This would probably be impossible though, as I see no way of linking a YouTube or other video source feed directly to Blockland without some kind of web browser. Can you discuss this with me if this is possible or not?

I assume it's possible. I don't know if it would be easy to make though.

where the hell is my popcorn

Well, our engine is very ancient and outdated. Putting GIFs and videos on blockland is hard but, idk if Badspot will upgrade the game or never.

Maybe make a ingame browser and when a movie is played it pops up and plays it?

I made a post about this a while back, it'd be really cool. Kinda like video bricks of screens?

"mlp netire seasun thater"

this would also be epic with cameras

imagine in a control room with monitors showing stuff

Torque supports mirrors (I think Badspot removed them) so I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.

yes that would be awesome. Realistic camera props, than can be panned around by an opertator. yes yes yes

Torque supports mirrors (I think Badspot removed them) so I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.
What do mirrors have to do with loading full videos into the game?

What do mirrors have to do with loading full videos into the game?
Notice the quote in my post...

Notice the quote in my post...
Notice it has nothing to do with mirrors?

Notice it has nothing to do with mirrors?
If mirrors are possible, cameras should be.

Maybe make a ingame browser and when a movie is played it pops up and plays it?
Well, our engine is very ancient and outdated. Putting GIFs and videos on blockland is hard but, idk if Badspot will upgrade the game or never.
If you've ever played Garry's Mod there's two thing's that it has that would allow such a thing. It has Awesomnium (however it's spelled) which is basically Chrome that renders to a texture (so you can load flash and other crap into the game) and the steam browser (which Blockland has now if you use steam but there is no function from Blockland to actually open it).

Blockland doesn't have any way to render html, so there's no chance of it ever getting any sort of webpage/flash display that isn't a static image (someone made one a while ago that just took a screenshot of a webpage and displayed it).

As for the gifs, someone made a mod that would sequence prints as if it were a movie but this would require the client to download all the prints beforehand and you wouldn't be able to send them later meaning no loading a youtube video or a webpage as a print because the client would have to rejoin to download them.