'A's Pacific War RPG •|NEED BRICK MODELLER|•

Author Topic: 'A's Pacific War RPG •|NEED BRICK MODELLER|•  (Read 5609 times)

Little problem we are facing. We need ideas on how to turn this tdm into an rpg :( advice would be appreciated

Little problem we are facing. We need ideas on how to turn this tdm into an rpg :( advice would be appreciated
how are we supposed to help if we have like, zero information about the server...

how are we supposed to help if we have like, zero information about the server...
Oh yeah, my bad.

Currently we have an idea of stealing enemy intel and bringing it back to base and relaying the information.
Its proving to be hard to really merge a TDM and RPG together..

Oh yeah, my bad.

Currently we have an idea of stealing enemy intel and bringing it back to base and relaying the information.
Its proving to be hard to really merge a TDM and RPG together..
RPGs have quests
This should have "quests" well missions where you have to go off and do something for your army. Now both sides will need bots in there armies so there is always a good amount of troops. So one army is sent off on a mission against the other. Said other army can get word of this in there base and go off to battle the other in a mission of there own. If they decline the mission the bots fight for them. All of these smaller fights of

player vs bot
or player vs player

come out. The side that wins, wins the mission and gets a reward of sorts. If it is player vs bot though and the players loose the side the bots belong to get nothing. The mission builds are separate from the main build sort of like a dungeon and are there own smaller maps for the fights. this will allow for a much more customized tdm build that does not have to fit in with the terrain of the main build.

Unlike a normal rpg everyone should be aware of what's going on and what the other side is doing (in terms of missions and stuff) with this both sides can come in to actually battle each other like a tdm to try to stop said other side from completing there goal. You can't have boss fights since the enemy is clearly another group of players so you have large battles that both teams get word of on the main build itself. This is how things like dogfights and huge base sieges will occur. 

RPGs have quests
This should have "quests" well missions where you have to go off and do something for your army. Now both sides will need bots in there armies so there is always a good amount of troops. So one army is sent off on a mission against the other. Said other army can get word of this in there base and go off to battle the other in a mission of there own. If they decline the mission the bots fight for them. All of these smaller fights of

player vs bot
or player vs player

come out. The side that wins, wins the mission and gets a reward of sorts. If it is player vs bot though and the players loose the side the bots belong to get nothing. The mission builds are separate from the main build sort of like a dungeon and are there own smaller maps for the fights. this will allow for a much more customized tdm build that does not have to fit in with the terrain of the main build.

Unlike a normal rpg everyone should be aware of what's going on and what the other side is doing (in terms of missions and stuff) with this both sides can come in to actually battle each other like a tdm to try to stop said other side from completing there goal. You can't have boss fights since the enemy is clearly another group of players so you have large battles that both teams get word of on the main build itself. This is how things like dogfights and huge base sieges will occur. 

Hmm thanks for the idea, I will try and incorporate something like this.
I will post some photos later once I've got more bricks down, but for now you can visit my dedicated server and check out the map, open for all.

With Swollow working on the mod, we still need a modeller to create some weapons for us.
Also looking for somebody skilled in Mod Terrain to build a ship
Also looking for somebody who can make some easy prints (we too lazy D:)

make bases and stuff you can raid that have loot in them
like better weapons or vehicles or something

make bases and stuff you can raid that have loot in them
like better weapons or vehicles or something
Currently there is a dog tag system.
Dog tags are used as a currency. You get 1 per kill (If you pick it up from the dead body)
They are used to buy weapons (Weapons will be perfectly balanced, before you ask) and backpacks (for more inventory slots)

There will be tasks (as well as shooting eachother) such as:
Collecting enemy intel from stations
blowing up enemy Anti-Aircraft Guns

Doing either of the two latter tasks will weaken the enemy's team.
There is a donating system for your team, donating to your team will promote you, and give you new abilities.
The higher the team's dog tag points, the tags which have been donated, reflects on the amount of ammo that team starts off with.

I really like the idea of this, hopefully this game won't require a mod to play.

Holy stuff the build looks amazing. Anyone with smooth shaders want to come and take some photos for me? :)

I really like the idea of this, hopefully this game won't require a mod to play.
nope, I've made all hud elements bottom and center prints

Hud so far:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:36:17 AM by swollow »

Jakeblade is modelling :)

Perhaps rethink it? Have a SIMILAR TO CITYRPG but with a new style, for example: There are Civilians which can choose where to live, and spawn at, have jobs, and perhaps have them to choose a factions which they can join. For example: Resistance or Independent, Allies and the Axis. Have a large map and sectors which the factions have to control, mainly Allies and Axis?

Perhaps rethink it? Have a SIMILAR TO CITYRPG but with a new style, for example: There are Civilians which can choose where to live, and spawn at, have jobs, and perhaps have them to choose a factions which they can join. For example: Resistance or Independent, Allies and the Axis. Have a large map and sectors which the factions have to control, mainly Allies and Axis?
a+ awful idea

stopped by and after discussing how furdle is a clear 7 (pls), the build looks p good. very pretty off to a good start imo