Author Topic: Do you guys uninstall games you don't play anymore?  (Read 934 times)

I have a lot of games I don't ever play, would it speed up my computer at all if I were to uninstall some?

Absolutely.  I gave my 1.5TB HDD to my brother because I'm the coolest loving brother ever, however between my 640GB HDD and my 128GB SSD (which isn't used for my Operating System), I fit all the games that I want installed and then some.

edit:  okay this isn't a loving "show your library list stretching over 1600 pixels" thread just answer the loving question nal
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:15:35 PM by Nickelob Ultra »

I tend to keep games i don't play because i forget to uninstall them, don't want to lose my data, or are useable with Source Filmmaker and Garry's Mod

The majority of my installed games are ones i keep for SFM and Gmod or are ones i actively play every now and then

I only have 26 of my 73 games installed.

I only have 26 of my 73 games installed.
16 out of 84
beat that

If you can keep the games, it's kind of dumb to uninstall it just because you haven't played it in a while. It'd be like me burning my gamecube games after not playing them for a year, when I occasional pick them up and play them for a couple minutes, and sometimes when I'm with friends.

only if i don't see myself playing them again because i've beaten them or i don't like them

or if i'm panicking because my free space drops too low and i decide to uninstall a ton of things for space

I dont usually keep games on that I haven't played during last 3 months.
though games like sky rim with all the mods, I leave on for convenience so to not go through all that setup bullstuff again when I wanna play

yeah because I don't have a lot of spare space on my laptop
If you can keep the games, it's kind of dumb to uninstall it just because you haven't played it in a while. It'd be like me burning my gamecube games after not playing them for a year, when I occasional pick them up and play them for a couple minutes, and sometimes when I'm with friends.
well, no, you can reinstall them whenever you want
packing the gamecube games up in a box is a better brown townogy

Having free space does make your harddrive have to work less, I think it's either 10 or 15% free space recommended?

or if i'm panicking because my free space drops too low and i decide to uninstall a ton of things for space
I do this a lot. In fact I did it recently when I somehow hit 1mb left of space. I always give myself a goal of free space to hit and in that case it was 100GB.

yeah because I don't have a lot of spare space on my laptopwell, no, you can reinstall them whenever you want
packing the gamecube games up in a box is a better brown townogy
That box being miles away, and they send you pieces of the disk over the course of a few hours.

I've recently been installing my games, regardless if I play them right now or not.