Author Topic: RTB replacement?  (Read 1814 times)

Given that Workshop integration isn't being worked on (to my knowledge) a replacement should be written for RTB.

Features that steam does not offer:
Server Prefs
Auto-admin, granting admin
IRC
Server options
Add-on hosting

I know a bit of torquescript, but I'm definitely not experienced enough to write most of this. (I could probably make the server prefs GUI, but i'm a stuff designer)

If you are interested, reply. If you are already working on a replacement, talk about it here, so we can rally together some developers and make it happen.

edit: We could also recycle the source. We don't have his backend server code but I assume it's not too complex
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:48:36 AM by ultimamax »

okay. the features page isnt linked up yet. :I

bam
i'm sorry but if you think the major popularity of blockland is going to download that now that rtb is finished, you've got another thing coming! you'll only do the same and give up move on from blockland like the rest of us, steam is the best use now that Blockland has lost RTB.

Badspot mentioned that he'll probably start working in Workshop.

i'm sorry but if you think the major popularity of blockland is going to download that now that rtb is finished, you've got another thing coming! you'll only do the same and give up move on from blockland like the rest of us, steam is the best use now that Blockland has lost RTB.
I hope this is a joke post. Of course people move on from things, that doesn't mean that whoever works on bam is destined to give up on it how Ephialtes did.

I hope this is a joke post. Of course people move on from things, that doesn't mean that whoever works on bam is destined to give up on it how Ephialtes did.
Besides, if it's developed openly, the bus factor would hopefully be bigger than 1.

I hope this is a joke post.
If it was a joke, it wouldn't have been a very funny one.

that doesn't mean that whoever works on bam is destined to give up on it how Ephialtes did.
Ephialtes didn't 'give up', hence why I striked out that phrase in my original post. Ephialtes is moving on, which the developers of 'bam' will be doing once they've got a job and a life to actually tend to. Steam is the way forward because it's easy to use and once Badspot has implemented the Workshop, it'll be so much easier to use and RTB will be fully replaced by an official system.

I'm not criticising 'blam' or whatever it's called, I just think it's pointless because it'll be either phased out by life or by Badspot updating Blockland to work with Workshop. I cannot be arsed to download several overlays for my client which'll probably be pointless in a couple of weeks or months.

Server Prefs
Default. (However, disappointed in how non-extensive it is)
Auto-admin
Default.
granting admin.
Not default, however the admin password can be changed at any time.
IRC

Server options
Difference from the first thing..?
Add-on hosting
Workshop might be a thing, even then, there's our add-ons forum.

Workshop for addons.
Thought adding an easy peasy gamemode creating included in game would really help