Author Topic: The Orange Block  (Read 1715 times)

The Orange Block is a Vanilla Blockland mod that went haywire and became it's own psuedogame. Theres about 2 servers and the forums has 445 members (total). They never changed Torque Game Engine, so the performance is about nill and it is still riddled with bugs. They only DSO'd 5 files, the IRC stuff, something called brick.cs.dso, and servercmds and some weird staff thing. The community seems like a bit more mature than Roblox.

Once I actually get ingame I'll talk to some of the players and see what it's like.
Anybody got some stories?
Oh and

brian don't do this you can get banned man.

It's basically the better mod guys who have been trying to get back at badspot.

i remember this lol

XD

im still waiting for Project A i think it was called.
"revolutionary"

was spose to be cloud rendering and streaming us a new blockland type game!

most of you guys dont remember it all. but nowadays when people get banned for being hack-richards, they just ddos and buy new accounts.

but before retail blockland, these guys would instead start secret communities and all claim to make their own blockland game that was better. and it was far more often then it sounds... it was seriously an epidemic in the community lol.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:58:35 PM by Bisjac »

i remember this lol

XD

"revolutionary"

most of you guys dont remember it all. but nowadays when people get banned for being hack-richards, they just ddos and buy new accounts.

but before retail blockland, these guys would instead start secret communities and all claim to make their own blockland game that was better. and it was far more often then it sounds... it was seriously an epidemic in the community lol.

took me forever to figure out what was happening here.

Any footage of this? Details?

i remember this lol

XD

"revolutionary"

Oh god that one was hilarious. Lemme see if I can dig up the quote...
Btw, the way unity works is that each inactive user renders some small part of the world, and sends the data to the network, and then the big ass network sends a video feed of each camera for the player to the players screen. Now the players screen is just playing a live steaming video of what he is seeing, and having the network render everything. This is what takes away all the lag.

Oh god that one was hilarious. Lemme see if I can dig up the quote...
A company I work for is actually doing this with one of their simulation games. It's a very nifty and seamless server heavy architecture. Of course this is a company with millions in funding not some angry teenagers on the internet.

I occasionally see what the TBM guys are up to and it's always a laugh at how bad their mod is. The TBM drama happened nearly nine years ago.

all the original tbm team never worked on tob

When I first read the title I thought this was some Mod for HL2 related to Blockland.

i remember this lol

XD

"revolutionary"

lmao i remember that.  remember when probuilder "challenged" us to build that antenna cradle

has anyone tried this out yet, i've been checking it out for some time but i've been paranoid it would give me a virus. So is it safe..?

has anyone tried this out yet, i've been checking it out for some time but i've been paranoid it would give me a virus. So is it safe..?
it's safe.