Author Topic: 2014/02/10 - Blockland r1931  (Read 81428 times)

wait excuse me for the question but what does /activatestuff do?

if you have a brick with onactivate events you just type them in and they just do whatever they're supposed to?

/activateStuff just causes your character to do the 'activate' command, exactly the same as clicking without a tool or pressing E while painting is disabled.

Badspot

• Administrator
The -1 thing still happens on the Lighthouse map
This was also taken in your server

That's because I haven't restarted my server yet.

• Shaders are now automatically enabled for supported video cards
Can there be a way to gauge the video card as to if it can even handle shaders well enough after checking if it's first supported, and then choose the appropriate shader setting to match the specifications?

I'm not sure what would be easier, checking the "theoretical" (what your computer should be able to handle) or the "experimental" (what your computer can handle based on choosing the setting with the best performance/quality ratio after testing all the settings)?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:38:36 PM by Racerboy »

Can there be a way to gauge the video card as to if it can even handle shaders well enough after checking if it's first supported, and then choose the appropriate shader setting to match the specifications?

I'm not sure what would be easier, checking the "theoretical" (what your computer should be able to handle) or the "experimental" (what your computer can handle based on choosing the setting with the best performance/quality ratio after testing all the settings)?
I believe when you click a shader option in the video settings that is dumped in the console, saying what the card can handle.

• Added flood protection to /activateStuff
My brother noticed that spamming E would allow him to activate faster than normal rapid-clicking, is that what this fixes?

If your brother can press E 32 times a second then yes.

heh

Sounds like a challenge...

31.25 times a second, to be exact.

Silly Planr, he wouldn't hit the flood protection that way!

Silly Planr, he wouldn't hit the flood protection that way!
he can if on the last click he only clicks a quarter of the way :P

he can if on the last click he only clicks a quarter of the way :P
That's implying he was only doing it for a second!

I could do that.
if at least 30% of the keys on my keyboard were bound to e.

I could do that.
if at least 30% of the keys on my keyboard were bound to e.
let's make an add-on, activation turbo mode (hold e or mouse buttons to press 30 times every second)
make this happen