Poll

Why do you think this project didn't get any attention?

The name.
It isn't out yet.
You're not a well-known forumer.
Person on the admin list.
OP needs to be redone with the new info.
The idea is boring.

Author Topic: BlockHub (Final Update)  (Read 13595 times)

I have decided that everything else on the poll that was not chosen will be given dates by me. They will not come in any specific order, just the order I finish them. News/Dev Updates should be given a section by the end of today. Videos for them, however, will not come until much later. Sorry, I don't have a lot of time to record and edit videos.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:13:09 AM by sean6258 »

PICS
COMING SOON
No pics, no clicks.

No pics, no clicks.

There isn't a download button. I don't understand how this makes sense. You still clicked on the thread to make this response if you're referring to that.

I have decided (finally) how the main section of the build will be made. The central area of the build will be made by YOU. For the rest of this month, I shall hold a building competition. The finalists will be put in a poll, and be chosen by the community. If you would like to enter, please email me a picture(s) of your build. Try to get every angle, and if it has an interior, take pictures of that as well.

Now, you're probably wondering, "What's the theme?" or "What am I supposed to build?". Well, let me tell you. Competitors are to recreate a Life-Size Tower in block form. When making this, be sure to create a social area as well as a "gamemode selection area". Do not worry about adding gamemodes or teledoors to these "gamemodes". If your build is chosen, that will be done by us.
Note: If you could make it somehow different from the standard skyscraper, that is preferred!

I look forward to seeing how this turns out, and seeing how many competitors we can get! The winner of this competition will obtain a copy of Monaco (by Pocketwatch Games), and be credited in the server credits. Good luck!

PS: To builders, this will not mean you have nothing to do. This is only how the central area of the server will be created. You will still have a job. This is a one-time occurrence.

To clans, if you would like to build as a group, that is fine as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:53:45 AM by sean6258 »

Surprising that nobody wants to enter this (yet). I thought a prize would kind of make more people want to enter.

Just an idea, but maybe a freebuild competition with "Life-Size Towers" as the theme would be better.  Most people probably don't even know what the Space Needle looks like, and you may get more attention.  I could be wrong, but might be worth a shot.

If a build is selected, their name(s) can go in the server credits, which can just be an activated flashing brick at the spawn.  Other bonus rewards could be given out too.

Just an idea, but maybe a freebuild competition with "Life-Size Towers" as the theme would be better.  Most people probably don't even know what the Space Needle looks like, and you may get more attention.  I could be wrong, but might be worth a shot.

If a build is selected, their name(s) can go in the server credits, which can just be an activated flashing brick at the spawn.  Other bonus rewards could be given out too.

True. I'll edit the directions/rules a bit.

Could someone tell me what I'm doing incorrectly? I seriously don't know...

The building competition mentioned in the previous posts is being called off. Sorry to any potential attendees.

I have great news! Building has started, and I won't give a date, but it seems like a job that would take around...I dunno really. Dunno when it will get done, but you can probably expect sometime this month or early next month.

Progress with Build: 5%

Another day of building has passed, and I am happy to say that the central area is nearly halfway finished!

Build Progress: 10%

Wot. 10% already?

Correct! I will now give a rundown:

Central Area: 55%
Player Housing: 0%
Game Maps: 5%
Event Areas: 0%

60%/400%=.15 (15%)

Note: This is the build. Not the programming.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:11:15 PM by sean6258 »

I have a game map you could use.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=253997.0
It's a version of Jirue's C.T.F. Battlegrounds that is compatible with Greek2Me's Slayer CTF gamemode.

lol the picture behind hub is utopia or something