Hi

Hi
197 (56.1%)
Hi
101 (28.8%)
Hi
53 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 351

Author Topic: [Last Updated > 3/8/14] RTB File Downloader - v1.3 : 3 Mirror Sites  (Read 42748 times)

I never even said that. Whoever taught you how to read needs to go back to college.
Nevermind I realized Lugnut is a troll
lol

But seriously, you did say that RTB (the largest collection of modifications for a video game (blockland, I wasn't clear) in it's 10 year history) should stay dead

So yes, you did say that. I'm not trolling - not only did you post something along the lines of "I don't care, why was this mod made?" which is utterly useless as a post, you also implied that one of the greatest resources Blockland has ever seen is worthless and shouldn't be around.

Yeah it's 1 am and I don't feel like cluttering this thread. If you're serious about your troll accusations take it to drama.

what about people with at&t internet that have host22 blocked :(

Why are you even blocked from it

Ha ha hah... Why did you post on the blockland forums when you could have emailed all of us? Stop being lazy!
heh, better yet, why didn't he buy a skywriter plane and went to our houses and wrote what he wanted to say in the sky?
Man this guy must be seriously lazy.

Anyway, this is cool. But I already have everything from RTB that I wanted so I won't get this, otherwise I would though.

why the hell is host22 blocked on at&t

yeah my computer just had a blank screen and i thought the website was broken but apparently it was my at&t internet

From now on after this mod, all of my new mods will have silent auto-updaters since I now know how to download files.

... that doesn't sound like a particularly good idea.

if someone can provide 1gb of hosting I can upload it through ftp so that at&t users can get it still

1gb of hosting of what kind? Raw files or any special kind of server-sided content?

1gb of hosting of what kind? Raw files or any special kind of server-sided content?
raw files
i could probably upload it to like google drive

From now on after this mod, all of my new mods will have silent auto-updaters since I now know how to download files.
No. Don't create silent updaters. Always ask the user before downloading anything atleast.

raw files
i could probably upload it to like google drive
google drive sounds perfect for that

Google Drive, Dropbox, whatever. Most of them include the listing and searching interface for files anyway, so you won't need to add that.

I have a mirror of the files

if you want you could include that as an alternative

yeah that'll work
OP, do this:
actually you know what else OP could do? include that list in this add-on so it never has to download that stuff - it would compress well too
by doing this you make it so mirrors can be deployed, but the list of files is never blocked - it's included with the mod, if they can't get the mod they can't get jack stuff anyway.

then have a "mirrors" option - swollow's mirror and lugnut's mirror, they'll both have the same file structure so you're just modifying the webaddress
i'm not gonna make a bullstuff API, but the filenames are going to be exactly the same - include the list of file names inside the add-on, then just pull specific add-ons depending on which mirror is selected

this is not loving hard and can work very well
http://lugnut.co.vu/add_ons/
(exactly the same as swollows, different domain name.)

Sounds good Lug.

No. Don't create silent updaters. Always ask the user before downloading anything
Yea, I started thinking of asking them to download the update.