Default Modern House

Author Topic: Default Modern House  (Read 2868 times)

built on badspot's
rate x/10

how would you ever find that stealthy chest

2/10

Too boxy looking and the dark, lined windows look spammy.  The "HI" mat looks spammy as well

2/10

Too boxy looking and the dark, lined windows look spammy.  The "HI" mat looks spammy as well
It's meant to be compact.

2/10

Seems a lil harsh of a rating, I thought it looked good c:

2/10

I would disagree.  When you are limited to default bricks ratings should be adjusted to that, and even so, it is not a 2/10.  I would say that the absolute lowest this could be rated would be a 5/10, because most of the parts that could be considered bad are due to the limitations of default bricks and the style it appears he was going for.  I would give it a 7/10.

You guys are welcome to visit the server and check out the build

2/10

I rate this rating 1/10

I reckon it's actually quite nice for a small house 7.5/10.

How did I not see that chest

You textured this horribly, with the way you have it set up you might as well stone the entire front of the house. There is no layering at all to break up material/style changes so you have to pick one thing with the way it's set up right now. The number one thing with moderns is laying.

Also your roofs are very thin and do not overhang, both of which are telltale signs modern architecture.

2/10 for the exterior.

As for the inside, your furniture is of classic disign, and does not look simple, sleek, and tight. The layout and choice of actual items to place in the givin space is not to bad though.

4/10 for the interior.

Not the typical modern/contemporary I expected. Interior is impressive for default so kudos.

7/10 because the exterior is not very appealing.

2/10

ya okay you are now dead to me. Modern is supposed to be boxy. Curves in modern architecture are weird especially on a game like blockland.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:38:02 AM by Khaz »

I'm going to start making some edits to it, overhanging roofs and layers, Thanks for the feedback

2/10

Too boxy looking and the dark, lined windows look spammy.  The "HI" mat looks spammy as well

How about no? Modern houses are made to be squared out and boxy. The "dark lined windows" are also considered to be on most modern homes. I would know because I live in one.
Example:

For using default and a cute little style, I say 8/10.