Author Topic: I need to recover my key while Blockland is already authenticated  (Read 772 times)

So I've been trying to recover my key for Blockland for use on Steam. I already have an authenticated client, but I don't know where I wrote down my key, and have been looking diligently if I saved it anywhere. I have emailed Badspot (support@blockland.us) a few times over a few months for it, (the original email account no longer exists) and have gotten no reply either due to him being too busy or him not wanting to deal with custom key recovery issues (not sure what Badspot is doing). I guess a few things I want to ask the community here is:

1. Can you extract your key from an already authenticated client of Blockland?
2. Does Steam save your key information for your ID if you integrate it

Really, if no one can help me here, I guess this topic just serves as a statement to Badspot of my dilemma.

1. Can you extract your key from an already authenticated client of Blockland?
Yes! Thanks to a recent discovery by a guy who got banned over 20 times and finally does not give a stuff, there is a key recovery method.

What you need -
Target key.dat
A spare key that blockland tries to validate, as opposed to just going "invalid key!"- (something like "AAAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAA" may work)
Trinick's program - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=252103.msg7297252#msg7297252
To the best of my knowledge, if you don't have a spare key, you might be able to trick it by doing what I said above (with the all "a"'s key)

PM trinick

PS: it does work, and is actually totally 100% legit, and presumably clean. as a bonus, badspot hasn't banned anyone for discussing it yet.
there is a method for recovering authenticated keys without a spare key as long as they are on the same computer as they were created on, but no one has been assed to make a program for it and post it

i was working on an open-source python based version so you just run the script without a compiled program, so no evil compiled executables
unfortunately i am stupid and only got it to work once. i didn't know it was working properly, so i changed it, broke it, now i don't know what i did. i could finish it in a few days if i remember.

there is a method for recovering authenticated keys without a spare key as long as they are on the same computer as they were created on, but no one has been assed to make a program for it and post it
also this:
To answer this question, I could if I knew the algorithm that Badspot uses to generate the encryption key. I don't, and I don't have any interest in reverse engineering to figure it out. My goal isn't to help people hijack other peoples keys, this method is much more restrictive.
... I'm not interested in finding out. I think that's a dangerous path to tread.
nobody really wants to get banned for this
it's just not worth it.

triple post tl;dr:
pm trinick after reading the post i linked in my first post