Author Topic: Super Creeper - Fixed  (Read 63461 times)

Hi i got the super creeper gamemode and maps but im missing system.returntoblockland...i know what that is ive used it before but, now that return to blockland website dousnt exist anymore how am i supposed to play the gamemode

Hi i got the super creeper gamemode and maps but im missing system.returntoblockland...i know what that is ive used it before but, now that return to blockland website dousnt exist anymore how am i supposed to play the gamemode
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251400.0

So what exactly does the "lagless" mode do?
One thing I noticed browsing the code is that it restricts the Creep grow tick to 50.

One thing I noticed browsing the code is that it restricts the Creep grow tick to 50.
its a better thing that is anti-lagy
also nice bump

This is not to discount your nice additions to the gamemode, but:

This is in no way fixed at all.  There are many bugs that seem to be the product of either meddling with the code and not doing proper testing of it afterwards or just poorly done original code.  I had to do a lot of fixing.  For example, some rtb preferences were opposite (i.e. on is off, off is on) or were double or triple negatives, creating confusion.  You can't leave the minigame properly nor rejoin it properly, and you take damage from the creeper outside the minigame as well.  Also the maps are not fixed.  People spawn inside the pillars in some areas, and in others there are large open spaces the creeper never reaches in time.  The other creeper mode 'Armageddon' is not complete, and so there is no point in setting most preferences to a per-map-basis in support of that mode.  Besides, map makers can be pretty stupid or inexperienced and often don't set the preferences right; I find universal settings more reliable.  The game does not initially start automatically and must be manually started via /nextlevel or /setlevel to get the game going.  Had to fix that.  Also the 'shop' is just for upgrading default items, not buying them.  I renamed the command to upgrade and made a buy command to actually buy basic, single use items.  Creep bomb spamming the creep spawns was a problem so I made customizable delays and changes to their radius damage.  There're also more preferences that I made, but it's cut off in the picture.

So tl;dr I have developed this mod a bit further and done real fixes for these problems, along with new features and new RTB preferences.  I might release it sometime when I feel it's ready.

That is what it does.  Less bricks being created in the same time frame means less ghosting, and for some with less powerful machines 'less lag'.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:21:42 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

This is not to discount your nice additions to the gamemode, but:

This is in no way fixed at all.  There are many bugs that seem to be the product of either meddling with the code and not doing proper testing of it afterwards or just poorly done original code.  I had to do a lot of fixing.  For example, some rtb preferences were opposite (i.e. on is off, off is on) or were double or triple negatives, creating confusion.  You can't leave the minigame properly nor rejoin it properly, and you take damage from the creeper outside the minigame as well.  Also the maps are not fixed.  People spawn inside the pillars in some areas, and in others there are large open spaces the creeper never reaches in time.  The other creeper mode 'Armageddon' is not complete, and so there is no point in setting most preferences to a per-map-basis in support of that mode.  Besides, map makers can be pretty stupid or inexperienced and often don't set the preferences right; I find universal settings more reliable.  The game does not initially start automatically and must be manually started via /nextlevel or /setlevel to get the game going.  Had to fix that.  Also the 'shop' is just for upgrading default items, not buying them.  I renamed the command to upgrade and made a buy command to actually buy basic, single use items.  Creep bomb spamming the creep spawns was a problem so I made customizable delays and changes to their radius damage.  There're also more preferences that I made, but it's cut off in the picture.

So tl;dr I have developed this mod a bit further and done real fixes for these problems, along with new features and new RTB preferences.  I might release it sometime when I feel it's ready.

That is what it does.  Less bricks being created in the same time frame means less ghosting, and for some with less powerful machines 'less lag'.
Well, good job.

If you want me to replace the version in this topic I'm happy to do so but I'm done working on this myself.