Hatmod by Boodals & JakeBlade v4.1 (Update page 7)

Author Topic: Hatmod by Boodals & JakeBlade v4.1 (Update page 7)  (Read 54455 times)

Can we tip our fedoras? We need a /tip command

Can we tip our fedoras? We need a /tip command

Actually, I'm pretty sure now that I can add support for hat animations.

Animations should be like, for certain hats /tip

Tactical Headset=/coms
(Raised hand to side of headset)
(Triggered when someone talks, toggled by /talkcom)

I seriously doubt that Jake will be doing any sort of hand animations. Also, whats the point in a headset if you have to hold it against your ear to hear anything from it?

Animations should be like, for certain hats /tip

Tactical Headset=/coms
(Raised hand to side of headset)
(Triggered when someone talks, toggled by /talkcom)
Player animations would require a new playertype or you wouldn't be able to use an item while you were talking I think

Player animations would require a new playertype or you wouldn't be able to use an item while you were talking I think
Well what kind of gentleman will you be if you swing a sword while tipping your nice fedora to a lady

True player animations would, however you can fake it by making hands within the model. That's how people make reloading animations and crap. It would be terrible for hats, if you freelook'd, the hands would not line up with your body when the animation is played.

True player animations would, however you can fake it by making hands within the model. That's how people make reloading animations and crap. It would be terrible for hats, if you freelook'd, the hands would not line up with your body when the animation is played.
Well, there's such thing as blend animations in Torque. We can make one thread to tip the fedora, and 2nd thread, triggered by moving around with the mouse horizontally, which would be the hand spining from -90 to 90 degrees around the hat. Then put them together in the .cs file, and it should work.

EDIT: So basically the head and the hat will move when the hand will still stay aligned with the body

is there a regular baseball cap or snapback you're making

Oh god, no. Animations on hats are always messy business and just clutters the mod up. Id recommend to go no further than ambient animations and emitters.

Don't add modeled hands to a hat, don't add /commands to trigger them. Both are really undesirable.

what if only fedora had this. as some sort of joke

what if only fedora had this. as some sort of joke
yeah, i think it's worth it too

We have enough euphoric neckbeards here already.
The jokes been old for a few years now.

If you seriously get that made though, make it its own seperate pack and not part of the main mod.

unsophisticated imbecilic cretins
i tip my fedora to you lesser kin and may one day you witness the essence of class