Author Topic: [RADIO BROADCAST] HEFTY. - Name ideas. [ON AIR]  (Read 9729 times)

i'm gonna stream some or all of tomorrow's harvest by boards of canada.

come on in if you want to listen to some trippy stuff with me.

aaand the first track is corrupted so looks like i have to re-rip the CD again....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:01:10 AM by TomTheGeek² »

some updates on what's going on.

we're working on rebranding the station to something else that isn't taken by a trashbag company.

i also implemented the IRC page because we can't just broadcast to listeners, we would like to know you guys.

more info on IRC very VERY soon.

told you it was gonna be soon. here's the actual IRC link HEFTY IRC

i replaced the email function with a IRC button on my section of the site here.

there's two of those, by the way. one for tom (me) and one for mack. they're for seeing what's playing and for requesting tracks.

for a little bit of a test, i'll stream until mack knows of the button ;).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:44:42 PM by TomTheGeek² »

We're broadcasting right now live if you want to come listen. We're also gonna talk about some upcoming contests!

Also our IRC works :)

Sorry for the dead air there, had a malfunction.

i updated the website with a ghetto nav bar with our pages and the IRC link.

and i'm streaming right now.

Broadcasting for the night.

We've been getting a lot of flack about the name and we're working on something a bit better, but we're working on something.

If you have an idea for a name, do share!

gonna do a mix of clubby-esque music.

join me on the IRC.

jesus christ 4th page.

we're broadcasting so if you want to join us, go ahead!

Im pretty choosey with new music, but I've gotta say I really like these play lists. I may suggest a few stations soon. Nice work.

Im pretty choosey with new music, but I've gotta say I really like these play lists. I may suggest a few stations soon. Nice work.

thanks man! i feel the same way too, but i'm always looking around for new music (mostly from mack cause he's awesome at that.)

change the name to something related to your username if you want
imo the name is fine right now
also if possible, and i know this seems handicapped, but disable scrolling on the page somehow, it's useless to scroll and makes the site seem more formal

change the name to something related to your username if you want
imo the name is fine right now
also if possible, and i know this seems handicapped, but disable scrolling on the page somehow, it's useless to scroll and makes the site seem more formal

we're actually set on a name right now, we're just very open to different ideas that the currently set name.

HEFTY is a great name but here in america (since mack didn't know about the trash bag company) but i don't want a cease and desist from the hefty brand anytime soon.

aaand the last request i want to figure out myself. it's does seem handicapped and i was just too lazy to look it up. scrolling is disabled :).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:02:54 PM by TomTheGeek² »

oh yay this is back! :D

does the currently playing thing update automatically or do you have to refresh to see it?

nevermind i'm dumb lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:37:42 PM by Flush535 »

What's Burly?

Burly is going to be an open radio station that you can listen to for free off of our website (which we're working on). It'll be 100% free with NO ads and will play top 40 music. The website will be divided into genres and moods. Each station is broadcasted live and if applicable, each station will have commentary and requests.

We're currently stress testing and building the website and systems, but we're streaming music while we can, so it's sort of like early-access. It won't be up all the time just yet but we'll keep you posted for when it goes up or down.

Can I broadcast my own station?
no

Do you take requests?

no
LISTEN NOW
would be better if i had somewhere to host a huge mp3 file with a lot of songs

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:49:25 AM by Flush535 »