Vegan master race?

yay
9 (7.9%)
nay
30 (26.3%)
gay
75 (65.8%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Vegans are the most dumbest friends I have ever seen  (Read 9032 times)

this is absolute junk. i eat rocks every day, knowing that rocks aren't living beings. if you live on nothing, you will die. you gotta eat rocks dude
you don't understand. that rock could be a fossil, you're eating the corpses of creatures that lived long ago you loving monster

First of all not all animals are cannibals. If a cow eats another cow it goes insane. If a human eats another human they go insane.
Yes cows can eat meat, just not other cows.

Lions do not eat other lions unless they were starved to death. Humans in life or death situations will eat other humans if they are starving to death.

I'm not supportive of people who choose a vegan lifestyle however. There is no need in my opinion for someone to avoid all meats and also all animal-derivatives.
There is no benefit to removing egg or milk from your diet, nor other such substances.
The idea is that the processes used to gather milk, eggs, honey, etc. are also a form of torture or at least are cruel. For instance: the machines they use to draw cow milk damage the udder and consequently blood and puss is commonly mixed in with drawn milk. Supposedly.

"If soda is so bad for you why does it taste so good?"

It was a reference silly gooses

even worse are the vegans that have kids and force them to be as well
or even pets oh god
i think theirs a tumblr post like that

anything that has bones in it like gluten
But gluten has nothing at all to do with animals...
It comes from wheat, and a few other grains...

Speaking of which, the "gluten-free" diet trend
(Excluding Celiac disease and other disorders, yes, these are valid reasons to eat gluten-free)
I see a bunch of people going gluten-free to "lose weight"
This is complete crap because gluten isn't the root cause of their weight problems, it's the high-carb foods that wheat is used it.
If you cut out these foods in exchange for fresh dairy, lean meats, and fresh produce (you should already be doing this. stop eating a forgetton of breads and cakes and pizzas and etc, you fatties) then you'll lose weight because you're no longer eating these high-card products.
But I see a lot of people just replace their immense wheat consumption with other grain flours, which are just as high-carb, if not higher, because extra sugars and fats are sometimes added to replace the texture made by gluten.

I think the biggest problem is people don't even know what gluten is, or where it comes from. You said it comes from animal bones, I said previously I heard someone say it comes from GMOs.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:56:32 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

First of all not all animals are cannibals. If a cow eats another cow it goes insane. If a human eats another human they go insane.
Yes cows can eat meat, just not other cows.
Wait, can anyone tell me if this is true.

Wait, can anyone tell me if this is true.
If the animal is infected with a form of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy - mad cow disease is cows, Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease in humans, etc, then yes.

Otherwise, no.
Also, I don't believe the spread is specific to cannibalism

or even pets oh god
There's probably a bunch of pets (depending on the animal) being fed meatless diets without their owners even knowing.
I mean, a lot of cat foods (especially the cheap ones) have corn as their primary protein source, with only a little bit of animal byproducts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:58:28 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

-snip-
I have a friend who's a lacto-vegetarian since 7th grade and he's one scrawny forgeter who's always sick.

now I know why.

The idea is that the processes used to gather milk, eggs, honey, etc. are also a form of torture or at least are cruel. For instance: the machines they use to draw cow milk damage the udder and consequently blood and puss is commonly mixed in with drawn milk. Supposedly.
I can respect that view in regards to milk, since I have similarly heard that milking can be strenuous on cows in some dairy farms (not all, or probably even most, but some).
And infections on udders do happen. pusillanimous individual milk is surprisingly common, and apparantly it's more so in the States.

But for the most part organic dairy farming is entirely safe and not at all uncomfortable for the animals involved.
In many organic farms dairy cows are left to graze freely and they learn to walk themselves to automatic milking tanks a few times a day, at their own pace.
The only thing even close to cruel in this situation is that dairy cows have to be regularly bred, so that they begin to produce more milk. But in reality this is nothing out of the ordinary anyway. It's probably safer for them to be artificially-inseminated by men than it is to let a rowdy bull at them, who can injure potential mates (or even themselves).

And beyond that example there are no other farming situations I can think of that harm animals.
Chickens lay eggs every single day, naturally. They would do it regardless of whether or not a farmer was picking up the egg.
Bees produce honey and beeswax to survive, and it's only because they become so efficient and productive while being farmed that farmers are able to siphon off the excess they produce.

I know that there are cheap/fast farms where the care for animals isn't provided, and animals may be unnecessarily beefed up on steroids and hormones, and chickens can be crammed into small cages or bred to have no feathers.
But if that is an issue you want to tackle then boycotting your intake of those animals and their derivatives doesn't help. People are going to eat meat and animal products regardless.
If you want to change that system of cheap/fast, then you have to be proactive in the market and buy organic/free-range/fairtrade, and show that there isn't a demand for poorly farmed animals.

Cutting them out entirely from diet serves no purpose in trying to end animal cruelty. It might even hinder such a goal.
It's the same concept as someone abstaining from voting over an issue, rather than voting for someone to change it. Sitting by does nothing.

please tell me the administration fired her.
It takes a lot to get a teacher fired here. She's right in the other room right now in fact. I'm in a different teacher's LS class this year.

I don't care about vegans or anything but what you just said is complete bullstuff
ok so what's going to happen to all of these domesticated animals that we use for food like cows and pigs and stuff if everyone goes vegan?  You can't release them into the wild because they aren't wild animals, but at the same time, no one will be liking them for food, allowing their nutritional value to go to waste because the animal would've made for a number of meals, but instead was allowed to pass away naturally.

How is what he said bullstuff?

ok so what's going to happen to all of these domesticated animals that we use for food like cows and pigs and stuff if everyone goes vegan?  You can't release them into the wild because they aren't wild animals, but at the same time, no one will be liking them for food, allowing their nutritional value to go to waste because the animal would've made for a number of meals, but instead was allowed to pass away naturally.

How is what he said bullstuff?
It isn't like everybody instantly will go vegan. If everybody slowly went vegan, demand would slowly drop and animal farms would slowly downsize. There would likely be little waste.

It isn't like everybody instantly will go vegan. If everybody slowly went vegan, demand would slowly drop and animal farms would slowly downsize. There would likely be little waste.
Not that everyone will go vegan but it raises the question, what would happen to farmyard animals without a nutritional purpose?

Cows are only good for meat and milk.
Chickens are only good for meat and eggs and feathers.
Pigs are only really good for meat. Other than that they're occasionally used for truffle farming (dogs do it better) and clearing away areas of brambley forest, but that's a dying tradition.

They're not even good for having as pets. They need lots of space and food.