Author Topic: Movie effect style throw backs  (Read 1197 times)

I didn't know what to call it. Anyways, whenever you get hit by a projectile that throws you backgrounds, depending on the force/speed, you should get blasted through bricks. I got the idea from Muffinmix's rocket skies. When you hit a brick with them, as if you were to crash, it blows up bricks. Same sort of thing here only when you get hit by a rocket launcher or something, you get thrown through the any bricks behind you, depending on the speed you are moving. Might be cool. :cookieMonster:

Ah i was thinking about this too but for throwing people through windows.

Hmm...that sounds possible.

I'll look into it.

EDIT: Alright, I got a little something here. Should be ok for your needs.

Basically, be in a minigame and ram into a brick at a high speed. Bricks will respawn. The player gets about 20 points of damage per hit. I gave it a death message using the splat picture, didn't test that part yet though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:27:34 PM by Aloshi »

Sweet! Can you make it so vehicles can plow through bricks too? :cookieMonster:

Sweet! Can you make it so vehicles can plow through bricks too? :cookieMonster:

That is harder...but I guess I could try...

Some one make a quick movie with this in it so i can see the effect please :D

This works for the Jeep when in a minigame. Only for jeeps because other vehicles are different sizes; thus it is required to change how large the explosion is. The effect is a little delayed by the way.

@Jaymz: Download it yourself and see. No one is going to make a video just to show one person what a small script does.

This is the first time anyone has ever made an idea I suggested. Thanks Aloshi! :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 06:10:45 PM by Skele »

This works for the Jeep when in a minigame. Only for jeeps because other vehicles are different sizes; thus it is required to change how large the explosion is. The effect is a little delayed by the way.

@Jaymz: Download it yourself and see. No one is going to make a video just to show one person what a small script does.
Hey Aloshi why don't you post this in add-ons so that pweople can get it because not many people come to suggestions and look at the whole topic.

Hey Aloshi why don't you post this in add-ons so that pweople can get it because not many people come to suggestions and look at the whole topic.

Because it wasn't well tested and I bet 90% of the people will complain on how it's not 100% perfect in every possible way.

This is pwn!!! <throws blockdude through window and he falls to his death> Wait since this works by velocity would it even work while your tumbling? <shoots guy with stun gun. Guy tumbles and smashes through a window>
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:20:09 PM by tommybricksetti »

"Movie effect style throw backs"

when i read this, i thought you mean 'throw backs' as in meaning a reference to something old or classic, and then combined with 'movie effects'...

i thought you meant a gun that when you get hit, you screen goes black and white and all jumpy and glitchy with widescreen like the old classic 1920's film effects, while Charlie Chaplain music is playing in the background! XD ahahahahahaha.

im such a handicap...

someone should make that though... :D lol

This opens up so many possibilities.
Bulldozers!

better yet
Killdozers!