Village & Heroes FTP MMORPG with similarities with WoW and Runescape

Author Topic: Village & Heroes FTP MMORPG with similarities with WoW and Runescape  (Read 1910 times)

Welcome to a Land you’ll never want to leave!
Villagers and Heroes is a free-to-play MMO Game in which players will experience not just the thrill of battling unique monsters or the satisfaction of tailoring an exquisite robe, but the pleasure of building lasting friendships within a community that truly embraces its members. The game has something to offer everyone, including the opportunity to live a fantastical life that never felt so real. You can have it all!

Adventure!
Mysterious quests and terrifying foes await those brave heroes who choose to test their combat skills in a vastly different array of increasingly challenging zones. Whether fighting solo or with a group of friends, the monsters of V&H will test the minds and strengths of even the most hardened of players.

Crafting!
Player-customized outfits and weapons — no other game provides as much unique customization as the crafting in Villagers and Heroes. You can forge powerful swords for you and your friends, weave mystical robes, cook enchanted concoctions from the huckleberries you plucked from your garden, and most of all, customize all your clothing and gear so it looks exactly how you want it, and enchanted with exactly the spells and abilities you choose.

A Home in a Village!
You are the architect, the farmer, and the rancher. With a wide range of building styles to choose from, players can design and decorate their own houses, as well as choose which crops to plant in their garden, or select the type of animals they'd most like to raise. But players needn't go at it alone! Help your village grow from a tiny hamlet to a thriving metropolis by aiding your neighbors with community projects which will ultimately benefit every player alike.

A Lifestyle!
Everything matters in the V&H world, and it's all connected. The first seed planted in your garden will yield valuable crops, which will in turn provide nourishment for your character who will grow stronger in combat as a result. Or the better tended your sheep, the higher quality of wool with which to spin a magical tunic with. The possibilities are endless, and there are no restrictions except for players to simply live amongst friends and have fun.

Gallery

Copied OP from website - http://www.villagersandheroes.com/play/?continue=%2F

If you're going to get this game, read this!
There is no server node migration, if you want to play with myself and others from the Blockland community, join the US 2 server.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:04:29 AM by eldruF »

looks awesome, downloading atm

The best thing about this game is the stock music which belongs more in a space environment than in the tutorial stage of a fantasy MMORPG with clunky controls, that and the over-enthusiastic German voice-acting

The best thing about this game is the stock music which belongs more in a space environment than in the tutorial stage of a fantasy MMORPG with clunky controls, that and the over-enthusiastic German voice-acting
Some say Riddler did the voice acting.

What I like about this game is crafting is really well done and most of it's features are simplistic, while you're in a diverse world of loads of quests.
Personally I'm more hooked on this than other mmorpg's of it's kind (Neverwinter, LOTRO, SWTOR)

so can you only be a human in this game?
it sounds interesting but I'd like to see more people post their opinions in this thread.

it sounds interesting but I'd like to see more people post their opinions in this thread.
what did you want to be a bird or somethin???

anyways the movement is forgety
jumping is rly dumb

what did you want to be a bird or somethin???
what? no! of course not!

...well okay maybe

I think the whole point of the game is to give more of a simplistic feel to it.
I like having only one race (Although it'd be nice if there was a horde/alliance thing)
Levelling is quite slow on this game with the top level at what I think is 70, it seems like this game is packed with lots of game play with fun and challenging quests.

how big is it?
You mean like file size or like how big is the map?

You mean like file size or like how big is the map?
file size

Idk look on steam
steam tells me the size of the patcher it downloads
the patcher doesnt tell me the size of the game

So I gave this game a try. It was fun up until level 16, in which the game adds in an energy system they never mentioned and it costs energy (think spiral knights) to gather/craft anything. So you essentially waste it all within a couple minutes and have to wait hours to regain it. They are having a poll of whether or not to get rid of the system though and I'm assuming only die hard fans visit their forums as everyone who's posts/voted has 100+ posts and they all voted no (I'm assuming because they decided to buy energy.) So if anyone's still playing (or if you just hate this system because it feels like the scam and feel like helping out) feel free to vote.

https://forum.villagersandheroes.com/showthread.php?8449-What-if-we-removed-energy-Please-give-your-feedback!