Author Topic: Ty's Civilizations [ Coming soon! ]  (Read 1227 times)

Ty's Civilizations
Bringing a new feel to city rpg.

Description: Imagine a city rpg where you can build your own civilizations. And within these civilizations you'd have your own population, rules, gangs, and economy. We have bought a new server and we are planning on developing a beta version for this game. Here are the expected features:
  • Individual Civilizations
  • Citizenship - Become a part of the city and you'll spawn there.
  • Economy - Each civilization will have its own economy percentage. The mayor of the city will be able to set the tax cost on lots which will affect the economy's %. Economy will be effected by the following as well: Bank raids(negative), Murder(negative), Jailing someone(positive),
  • World layout - Each civilization will be an island surrounded by water. The only way to an island would be on a boat. setPlayerTransfermation will be removed.
  • Creating a civilization - It won't be cheap. We've yet to decided on keeping lumber on or off as this would greatly impact the cost of creating an island.
  • Joining a civilization - This is the tricky part. The owner of the city will be in charge of whether a citizen may join without being invited. If the owner allows anyone to join his city he may contain corrupted players.
  • Civilization Progression - Progression will be done through the player count on your civilization. The more players a civilization has, the higher or lower the economy caps will go.
Dedicated Server Info: I've recently bought a new linux server with 2gb ram and 3gb bandwidth. If you don't know what that means, it about 6.6 times faster than your average blockland server from home.

Eugh.
Really? Is this going to be a new city rpg or is it going to be xalos' mod.

> pick one.

I thought this was related to Xalo's Civilization.

If you're going to make an "advanced" city rpg you may want to fix everything wrong with it first.

Eugh.
Really? Is this going to be a new city rpg or is it going to be xalos' mod.

> pick one.
You would think you were out for me. You're always posting aggressively on my threads. What is Xalos' game?

If you're going to make an "advanced" city rpg you may want to fix everything wrong with it first.
What are you referring to?

This sounds suspiciously like what I had planned for Civilization. Are you also planning on having freeform world generation, mining, and caves/underground ruins?

What are you referring to?
Last time I checked there was about 4 types of jobs; shopkeeper, police, criminal and manual labour. There was also the "job" of sitting around getting low amounts of money. I would also hope you have some kind of administration on the quality of buildings and how they fit into the theme of whats around them.

I like the idea of some sort of working economy but you may also need to expand on ways to actually make it work, I think Mr. Wallet's mod that had the Mats, Tech and things could be some real inspiration for it

This sounds suspiciously like what I had planned for Civilization. Are you also planning on having freeform world generation, mining, and caves/underground ruins?
No lol this is just a city rpg where you can create your own cities/islands

So basically a watered-down Civilization with an overused mod that everyone is sick of but won't quite admit.

Good luck, hope you manage to make it work!

Last time I checked there was about 4 types of jobs; shopkeeper, police, criminal and manual labour. There was also the "job" of sitting around getting low amounts of money. I would also hope you have some kind of administration on the quality of buildings and how they fit into the theme of whats around them.

I like the idea of some sort of working economy but you may also need to expand on ways to actually make it work, I think Mr. Wallet's mod that had the Mats, Tech and things could be some real inspiration for it
Yes, we have many job stages while keeping in mung that the game has up to 50 education levels.
One of the unique attrubutes to this is, the person who creates the city may decided whether they want the build in their city or not.

I'll look into this.

So basically a watered-down Civilization with an overused mod that everyone is sick of but won't quite admit.

Good luck, hope you manage to make it work!
I'm not like other city rpg hosts. I'm always releasing something new. Developing civilizations will allow for the ability to add tons of new additions to the mod.

I'm not like other city rpg hosts. I'm always releasing something new. Developing civilizations will allow for the ability to add tons of new additions to the mod.
Here's the best part of making something new, make it from scratch :)

Ty you should probably work on something and let someone host it.
You're kinda a bad host.