Author Topic: lolwtf glitch?  (Read 2001 times)

I was just screwing about with macros when...

osht brick in brick and floating brick action =o

Lulwut, magic bricks ;D

Cool, I've never managed to make bricks through bricks yet. Floating bricks are easy.

Cool, I've never managed to make bricks through bricks yet. Floating bricks are easy.
Bricks through bricks are easy. The issue is that they're EXTREMELY glitchy. Worse than RTB-glitchy. You can see through them in high enough amounts and other strange behavior.

Floating bricks are easy too, but they mess up when hammering/wanding, considering that it would treat all the bricks on it as if they were dependent on that brick. Basically, using the hammer on a brick on a floating build would kill your entire build in one fatal blow.
I wonder if I could make a workaround for that... I haven't experimented with it yet.

I've had this before. It's just a loading error methinks.

Correct.

Same, i had to on the Scattered Space server once, then i got kicked out with an error, it was fine when i reconnected

Bricks through bricks are easy. The issue is that they're EXTREMELY glitchy. Worse than RTB-glitchy. You can see through them in high enough amounts and other strange behavior.

Floating bricks are easy too, but they mess up when hammering/wanding, considering that it would treat all the bricks on it as if they were dependent on that brick. Basically, using the hammer on a brick on a floating build would kill your entire build in one fatal blow.
I wonder if I could make a workaround for that... I haven't experimented with it yet.
Multi Tool Brick Eraser.

It is because the FX Brick Data gets screwy from time to time.  The bricks are in right place, they just don't appear to be.

Badspot

• Administrator
It's a glitch in the transmission of the positions from server to client.  So it's in the correct place on the server but appears in the wrong place on your client.  I have seen this bug when joining other servers but I have never been able to reproduce it despite trying many times in situations similar to those I encountered it in on the internet.   

It's a glitch in the transmission of the positions from server to client.  So it's in the correct place on the server but appears in the wrong place on your client.  I have seen this bug when joining other servers but I have never been able to reproduce it despite trying many times in situations similar to those I encountered it in on the internet.   
Have you tried lagging you're own server while loading as well as loading you're bricks at the same time?

How do you purposefully lag your own server?

i just made a macro and did it reallllllly fast

Note to all: My earlier post was regarding scripting. It's possible to script build-through and float with scripts, but it's buggy. The topic itself refers to saving/loading glitches.

I can reproduce it. It happens most often when loading saves with bricks outside of the mission area. It's one of the problems I have with the Forest map and building in the area without trees. Simply breaks. I've only had it occur on dedicated hosting.

Multi Tool Brick Eraser.
Yeah. I should have mentioned that. This one would easily work to fix the problem.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:25:03 PM by Dilt »