Surveillance

Author Topic: Surveillance  (Read 3593 times)

I was wondering if it were at all possible to make a camera-like object, that feeds surveillance video to a monitor-like object. I'm guessing it would work like a capture device. And it would need some way to display the video on something. Any ideas/Volunteers?

Not possible without tremendous lag.

Badspot

• Administrator
Displaying on a surface in the game = not possible without engine modification and I'm not going to do it.

However, making a monitor that you walk up and click on and then your view switches to a camera view is completely possible. 

And in what way would we use this for?

Well considering that I'm an utter noob at scripting, is anyone willing to help me script/make a surveillance system using what Badspot already said? If not does anyone have an idea to get me started?

I was just thinking of a cool and useful idea. For instance if you wanted to ever run a corporation in an RPG server, you might want to have someone run surveillance for the front door. Or it could somehow be fit into Cops & Robbers.

I was just thinking of a cool and useful idea. For instance if you wanted to ever run a corporation in an RPG server, you might want to have someone run surveillance for the front door. Or it could somehow be fit into Cops & Robbers.

Possible...

Hey , but didn't some one make a a rear view mirror . ( I think it might have been , rtb though ) .

Hey , but didn't some one make a a rear view mirror . ( I think it might have been , rtb though ) .
Badspot stated that it was impossible to display a video on a surface in the game, so it must've been in rtb.

It was just as impossible (if not more) in RTB, since RTB was just an add-on for BLv2. We're on v8 now. The rear-view mirror mod was in one of the more current versions I think.

However, making a monitor that you walk up and click on and then your view switches to a camera view is completely possible. 
Aye vrly, there was that mod in RTB that had the screen switch which was kickass.

Aye vrly, there was that mod in RTB that had the screen switch which was kickass.

someone make this NAO

Displaying on a surface in the game = not possible without engine modification and I'm not going to do it.

if someone were to do this it could be quite usefull. For those thinking HOW? don't post it, just think creativly.

Nitramtj did t his in RTB, I looked at it and I 'spose I could make something like that for Retail if it's wanted.

Nitramtj did t his in RTB, I looked at it and I 'spose I could make something like that for Retail if it's wanted.

That would be greatly appreciated.