Should I buy Ocarina of Time 3D or A Link Between Worlds?

Author Topic: Should I buy Ocarina of Time 3D or A Link Between Worlds?  (Read 1537 times)

I'm considering buying a 3DS and I want to get into the Zelda series. Both games look good and are said to be great, but I only have enough money for one, so what game would you guys recommend for someone trying to get into the series?

Edit: The only Zelda game I've barley played is the original NES game.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:39:46 PM by Ghille »

If you're just getting into the series, I'd probably recommend Ocarina of Time 3D.

both games were absolutely fantastic but prolly oot 3d since youve only played one. i imagine it being harder to get into if you're playing the top-down type one

I'm considering buying a 3DS and I want to get into the Zelda series. Both games look good and are said to be great, but I only have enough money for one, so what game would you guys recommend for someone trying to get into the series?

Edit: The only Zelda game I've barley played is the original NES game.

If you want to be familiar with the gameplay and transition into the series in that manner, go with ALBW. Otherwise and storywise, get OoT 3D.

Why not both after you get enough money for the second one?

Why not both after you get enough money for the second one?

I have other stuff I want to buy.

It depends.
OoT Is a 3D Liner game.
While, ALBW Is a Top-Down Non Liner "Do the dungeons in almost any order" game.

Like what?
Savings, Launchpad, SSb4, Destiny, Ext. Hard Drive, etc.

Ocarina of Time. Classic, challenging and fun.

Link Between Worlds was easy as forget. Walked through the game in a few hours.
Sold that stuff back the next day. What a disappointment...

If you are just getting into the series I reccomend A Link Between Worlds because it is an extremely easy game. A lot easier than OoT.

If you are a Zelda Veteran then you should play OoT. While it is an amazing game, the difficulty can be frustrating.
No one here beat the game for the first time without online tutorials. No one.

If you are a Zelda Veteran then you should play OoT. While it is an amazing game, the difficulty can be frustrating.

I needed a tutorial in alttp for finding the moon pearl because I got stuck at that part for months
I don't even like having to use an online tutorial lol