Author Topic: Do NOT buy MGS V: Ground Zeroes  (Read 1881 times)

Recently for my birthday I used my money to purchase a PS4 and the first game I got for it was Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes.  And I have to say, I'm impressed with the graphics and gameplay, honestly, it's a good game.

But what happens when you complete the first mission, which will take you maybe 20-30 minutes tops?  The loving credits roll.  That's right, the entire game is one loving mission, a demo at that, for the "full game," Phantom Pain.  What the forget is this stuff?  You're basically paying $30 for a loving demo.  Konami really forgeted us with this one, it's a huge waste of loving money.  Do not, under any circumstances, purchase this game unless you like paying to get forgeted.

That is all.

"...acting as the prologue for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain."
so it's like Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

should've actually learned something about it before buying it

why didn't you read any reviews about the game before buying it

ALL OF THE REVIEWS ARE POSITIVE.

Besides, the game stop dudes said I could return it for full refund within 7 days, so it's not much of a problem.

Lol I'm barely in the loop with MGS games and I already knew it was like a 2 hour tops game.

This is completely your fault...

Kojima himself a year ago said it was short dude

Get educated in a product before you buy it

The game is not that short if you are devoted. Main story diddly richard I love Skyrim but I don't think the main story is long, there's a bunch of story that goes deeper into characters and such like Ghostface and how he's like one of the most evil a MGS character has gone because of newer war crimes and such, the gameplay is solid, perhaps Metal Gear Solid, I love the new spin on Metal Gear and how it's turning out, and if you didn't know it's practically a prequel for Phantom Pain. I've spent a good 10 hours playing it at a friends and I know there's some more stuff to get. Like Raiden.

Iunno if you never played Metal Gear in the first place it's definitely the worst place to start. I hope you at least give it more of a chance with the extras. I'm also glad the reviews are positive since I heard some people rated it poorly with the price. There should be two reviews, one that takes in the price and if it's worth it, and one that's just for the game, because generally reviews are for the consumer looking for if they get a bang for their buck rather than a consumer 20 years from now wanting to buy it off of eBay.

Also I miss Solid

RIP

Iunno if you never played Metal Gear in the first place it's definitely the worst place to start. I hope you at least give it more of a chance with the extras. I'm also glad the reviews are positive since I heard some people rated it poorly with the price. There should be two reviews, one that takes in the price and if it's worth it, and one that's just for the game, because generally reviews are for the consumer looking for if they get a bang for their buck rather than a consumer 20 years from now wanting to buy it off of eBay.
Of course I've played the other MGSs, this is why I hate this one so much.  I don't give a stuff about side ops, multiplayer, trophies or anything.  I give a stuff about story, because that's the part that makes it fun for me.  I want a full game, I don't want to pay for one mission and some side missions, that's the stufftiest idea ever.

Like I said, once you get past the whole one mission thing, the game is great.  I like the new Fox Engine, it's phenomenal.  But one loving story mission?  That kills it for me.

it was advertised as the prologue to a yet-to-be-released full game and you're complaining?

what

There's a lot of sites talking about ground zeroes is short. Your problem you don't know about the game before buying it.

what happened to Solid?
he died when he got stuck in a box and he starved because nobody could find him

i do agree that this is a money-whore move, but this should've been expected