Poll

What style of vehicle you would like to see more?

Modern expensive cars
6 (15.4%)
Early 2000's or 90's generic cheap cars (sedans or so on)
6 (15.4%)
Specific cars for specific purposes (Mail or ice cream van for example)
6 (15.4%)
60's luxury Cars
2 (5.1%)
70's whatever Cars
5 (12.8%)
80's iconic Cars
3 (7.7%)
Racing Cars (NASCAR, Le Mans, stuff like that)
3 (7.7%)
Eastern European Old Cars (Trabant or Lada vehicles for example)
1 (2.6%)
War Vehicles (yes that's right)
3 (7.7%)
Boats (not sure how I'll be able to do it but we'll see)
3 (7.7%)
Planes
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)  (Read 297592 times)

Cool! I've just thought of something else too. A usable trunk/tailgate!!!

What about animated gear shifting for manual transmission cars. Teneksi, you're working on the crown Vic playing sounds at given speeds and acceleration, could we use that concept in animations of shifting up and down?

manual transmission cars
they don't exist.
Blockland cars accelerate to a top speed. There is no transmission.

say that we do this. you can be using all of a vehicle's power, spinning your wheels trying to get up a steep slope, but you're not getting anywhere so you're in neutral?

I have decided to limit the suggestion of gears to reverse lights when the vehicle is going backwards.

I would like to keep to features that make sense for what is visible. In first person, you won't even see the shifter. It's effort for something which isn't accurate or highly visible. I'd much rather eventually be done with this car so I can make something else.

I'm removing the engine sounds anyway. It's a bunch of datablocks and constant checks and calculations all for something that still sounds weird.

Also, seat belts could work on the driver, but nobody else, and only if you're not allowed to look up/down in the driver's seat. It would also not work if they said anything.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:50:10 PM by Teneksi »

Also, seat belts could work on the driver, but nobody else, and only if you're not allowed to look up/down in the driver's seat. It would also not work if they said anything.
Speaking of this, I was thinking if it could be possible to lock the freelook for the passengers in the car, so they can't move around but only turn the head.

Speaking of this, I was thinking if it could be possible to lock the freelook for the passengers in the car, so they can't move around but only turn the head.
There might be something in the coding of the vehicle that does this.

We need BODYKITS!  I know, there are already bumpers and skirts. But what if you had bodykits?

The only problem with body kits, such as wide, is the fact it could make the vehicle look too fat. The wheels will be too hidden inwards, and also it wouldn't necessarily adapt to the vehicle model itself.

The only key is to blend it into the model itself; similarly to how I did it with the Challenger's Cuda-Storm-Elite update.

I thought that bodykits were just combinations of bumpers, skirts, etc.

A widebody version of a car as a separate datablock would work all right. You could have it start out with basic wide fenders, but also have a unique set of CVS parts for that version.

You would end up with 4 vehicle datablocks if the vehicle included a version with an improved engine, but in the greater scheme of things (especially with the 8k limit) that is not much.

All of these ideas are fantastic! Blockland is becoming a legend now, lol. I just wished that Badspot actually bothered for realism, like transmission and engine sounds, and maybe a flashlight instead of a personal light.

All of these ideas are fantastic! Blockland is becoming a legend now, lol. I just wished that Badspot actually bothered for realism, like transmission and engine sounds, and maybe a flashlight instead of a personal light.
Someone could easily make a flashlight mod, and they did.

Someone could easily make a flashlight mod, and they did.
whether it's any good is another question

whether it's any good is another question
There's one on Xeidious' server that I really like but I don't know if it's a private addon or not.

Alright boys, let's rock and roll.

???????
I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT