Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)

Poll

What style of vehicle you would like to see more?

Modern expensive cars
6 (15.4%)
Early 2000's or 90's generic cheap cars (sedans or so on)
6 (15.4%)
Specific cars for specific purposes (Mail or ice cream van for example)
6 (15.4%)
60's luxury Cars
2 (5.1%)
70's whatever Cars
5 (12.8%)
80's iconic Cars
3 (7.7%)
Racing Cars (NASCAR, Le Mans, stuff like that)
3 (7.7%)
Eastern European Old Cars (Trabant or Lada vehicles for example)
1 (2.6%)
War Vehicles (yes that's right)
3 (7.7%)
Boats (not sure how I'll be able to do it but we'll see)
3 (7.7%)
Planes
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)  (Read 297428 times)

??

If you read carefully, you'll note that I haven't implemented anything yet.

But, yeah, it'll be easy to make signal lights controlled by brick controls. I'm thinking rotate left / rotate right. Is that 7 and 9 by default?

I guess shift left and shift right (which I know to be 4 and 6) makes more sense, but I already put sirens on those... Maybe I'll reconfigure.

BY THE WAY, what's the best way to let people know about the vehicle's extra function? Clearly, having it described in a topic and on that little computer that can only be read with free-look in first person was not enough. But I also feel reluctant about having a little "did you know??" chat message appear the first time you get in (the way height control did). I don't want them to get annoying, but it's also stuff I want people to know about.
Ooohh I see but yeah. On cars without sirens, then use 4 and 6 for default blinkers and 5 for hazards, and for cars WITH sirens, then use 7 ad 9 and you could figure out another keybind for hazards

Ooohh I see but yeah. On cars without sirens, then use 4 and 6 for default blinkers and 5 for hazards, and for cars WITH sirens, then use 7 ad 9 and you could figure out another keybind for hazards
I'm reluctant to do that. I'd rather change the keys used for sirens.

I'm probably going to make the light key control headlights on emergency vehicles, and move the button for emergency lights to something else.

Controls should be consistent between similar vehicles.

I'm reluctant to do that. I'd rather change the keys used for sirens.

I'm probably going to make the light key control headlights on emergency vehicles, and move the button for emergency lights to something else.

Controls should be consistent between similar vehicles.
Ah alrighty

Teneksi, you sir, are providing great logic!

I made a new poll for research purposes, feel free to vote.

I just had an idea for 2 interesting cars for, what would be considered today, "cheap" early 2000's vehicles that would still have the cool sport appeal that some are looking for in BL.

1. 2004 BMW M3                  2. 2003 Honda S2000

Vehicle Names:
1. (BMW) Euro                     2. Nakata Sport
M3 being a replacement to the current "Euro"

This was no means of suggesting, just a matter of throwing ideas around.

I meant cheap in like, actually cheap, also a BMW replacing a fiat? Lol

We need a 350z/370z, or both. They would be awesome. If we have a Skyline, Evolution, and a freaking 280sx, why not a 350z/370z. It could maybe be a Nakata Gyro 514r

Three new surprise options in the poll c:

Are they Boats, Planes, and War Vehicles?

I spent a good 10 minutes staring at the poll trying to decide between war vehicles and racecars

the only reasons your cars are bad is because it runs too fast and...

it doesnt make closed curves.

make the cars run very slower.

i make narrow roads.

i make narrow roads.
turn off strafe steering or learn how to use the brakes

turn off strafe steering or learn how to use the brakes
That or hold C when ur driving

i make narrow roads.
My cars are intended to have a bit more realistic turning so you need to use the brakes a bit, not extremelly exagerated and sensitive turning like the default Jeep is.

Also related to the speed, you should blame your driving skills not the cars, after all the standard nowadays is to make sport cars a bit faster than before, NightHawk, Teneksi and TheTurtorn did the same thing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:16:34 PM by Filipe »