Cubescape

Cubescaping
9 (52.9%)
ModTerrain
6 (35.3%)
Mixture of both
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: [SERVER] Advanced RPG  (Read 3264 times)

For the last few years I have been making roleplay servers. I center them around low-lag and gameplay (realism) rather than pretty looks and easy gameplay. It's fairly complicated and mainly centers around emergency services and piloting (even with a working fire mod), as well as many other opportunities to start a business, get a job, be a criminal, etc.

MAP:

I'll add police and pilot radio codes when I can get my server up privately.

OTHER TOPICS:(including old/outdated topics for this server that were too old to modify.)
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=239201.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256563.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=242103.0
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=252009.0
Tell me if you have any more for me to add.

CREDITS:
  • Blus (ID 34021): Pictures + Logo, businesses, helping with a number of builds on the server.
  • Game ("Theblocklander," TB2 on the forums, ID 16809): Fixing an old fire mod for my server, Rangefinder mod, News camera prop, fire department, businesses, half-eaten bagel, satanic duck easter egg, and YouTube videos.
  • Random other players: A couple businesses, some help with the terrain here and there.
  • Scripter who wished to remain anonymous: Slayer money mod, taser, fixed chat mod, fixed slayer to work with the chat mod, and other miscellaneous mods/scripts.
  • Me: The vast majority of the build including helping people build pretty much everything except for the resturant "Kreon's" at SCBO.

The build reminds me of v.8

I center them around low-lag and gameplay (realism) rather than pretty looks
Erm, I could see this being a problem. I highly respect that you're wanting the server to run fast and have interesting gameplay, however I think the map looks far too flat, plain and cube-like.

Erm, I could see this being a problem. I highly respect that you're wanting the server to run fast and have interesting gameplay, however I think the map looks far too flat, plain and cube-like.
I agree with this. At least work on the map, it honestly looks like something I could build in 5 minutes (probably not that, just lacks detail). Try adding decorative buildings, work on the bridges and the airports. I see potential out of this server though, good luck.

I don't understand what makes this advanced? if anything its UNDER advanced, stating that you're only using firemod. Secondly, this isn't an RPG, its an RP. Please learn the difference. I've visited the server before and its pretty bad. a bunch of badly built towns separated by long boring roads. It certainly does herd in the noobier players.

Maybe you should get help with your build, make it more realistic which you obviously are trying to do but failing due to the laziness in your building team and attempting to justify it by saying the low brick count is more important than aesthetics.

WhoCares claims that HIS computer cannot run with a large brick count. I must agree with Furdle, because using cubes as walls ect. is boring and non-appealing.

I don't understand what makes this advanced? if anything its UNDER advanced, stating that you're only using firemod. Secondly, this isn't an RPG, its an RP. Please learn the difference. I've visited the server before and its pretty bad. a bunch of badly built towns separated by long boring roads. It certainly does herd in the noobier players.

Maybe you should get help with your build, make it more realistic which you obviously are trying to do but failing due to the laziness in your building team and attempting to justify it by saying the low brick count is more important than aesthetics.

Ok.

• The map is built with low quality because it is huge. While all you've seen is BLBA and the inside of the fire station at CCMI, you can still see that I use as few bricks as I can. Now imagine how big the map is considering that there are around 128,000 bricks. I didn't use ModTerrain because it made me go over my data block limit because of all the mods that enhance the RPG.
  • I am aware of the difference between an RP and RPG. I changed the name to RPG when I added a custom slayer money mod (private, not made by me), which was a big leap in making it not just be an RP. I'm working on finding a working hunger mod, and I'm trying to find a way to make a delay of 900000 that doesn't require a relay using 30 bricks or events that break if I save while they are in use so that I can make a renting system for apartments.
  • Already addressed this. The map is made to be functional, not pretty.

Before the question arises, the building is referred to as a tower because it used to be a cubescape tower before I changed it to a business center, removing all cubescape buildings.

Edited: Touched it up on my computer. This was pretty damn hard to wright on a phone.
I call it advanced because it has many advanced gameplay aspects that make it realistic, like radio codes, atc, voice chat, and being generally more demanding as an RP for players to be realistic and good at RPing.

What's your in-game name, Mr Furdle? Judging by your comment I doubt you have played my server as it is intended to be played or played in extensively. I have do many mods that the reason I couldn't use ModTerrain was because it took up too many data locks, however most of my mods enhance realism.

Also, the reason the build is formatted like that is because it was originally made to just be a flight simulator. I have since expanded it and flight is just a significant aspect, not the main aspect.

My build isn't lacked because of laziness. I once tried to build a full detail airport and I was lagging before I even finished the first terminal. I know that some things aren't realistic, such as airport and town layouts, but I learned those things after I built it. I might try to fix them someday but it would be rebuilding every airport and every town. Also, most of the people who regularly play my server press me to finish updates very quickly, which is why recurring buildings are often duplicated. (Docks, airport terminals, taxi cab hub). I normally excuse myself from this by saying that they are made by central companies (Flamingo Taxi Co., BlockoBlue Airlines, etc.) that don't pay for unnecessary building designs.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:14:27 PM by Who Cares99 »

Furdle has high standards. You should listen what he says.

so many acronyms
The airports are named like that for realism, airports in real life are named with four letter identifiers.

(Edit: I misspelled named as naked. =P)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:15:39 PM by Who Cares99 »

My in game name is Furdle and my ID is 713. I've played for just over the last 7 years and pretty much have played straight since then.
I remember when you first made your server, I believe you called it airport rp.
If your computer can't handle hosting then it's simple, don't host. Let someone else host for you.

Oh and by the way, airports have three letter abbreviated names, so LAX is LA international, LHR is London Heathrow etc. (I know this is a fact, my brother is an airline pilotyou can ask people who know me)
Furdle has high standards. You should listen what he says.
This.
You should make your airports way more detailed, and maybe even have airports located on the coast as if they're on a headland, and have the flight routes over water instead of boring roads. You should work hard to make the airports detailed and realistic, and using a friends server or get a dedi.

great server!!! /sarcasam
i was driving around in a car a friend (kreon) bought for me and i got pulled over for speeding, and then the cop destroyed the (rather expensive) car

after i explained where i got the car from yadda yadda i was accused of "gta"

the law system is basically broken because the plaintiff, jury, and judge are all the same person so theres a massive conflict of interest
i should mention that i was fully compliant at the time with the officer and whocares didnt care (despite my pleading)
all and all, 0/10 would not recommend

i should also mention the server admins have a history of lying
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:02:26 PM by Frankie² »